Not my idea of a fun.

All a bit YMCA.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Duplicate post - Please delete Admin....

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
DBMG you just have not lived......lol
Are you trying to tell us something Jurek.... :eek:
Do you like Lorrain Kelly? :rolling:

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Been there, done that

Yes, this is me. I competed at the amateur level for several years. This was taken in 1996 when I was 40. I won the competition and this shot ended up in a magazine. Scary stuff. I look at it now and can't even believe it was me! But I got out of the sport because they were so over-the-top, the guys now are ridiculously huge and bloated. I want no part of that. The only fun part of getting ready for that contest was having my girlfriend's HOT sister apply my fake tan (no matter how tan you get you have to put on fake tan to be dark enough under the stage lights). She had to do it because she knew how, having competed herself. I got to apply her fake tan one time too - man, was that fun!

·
Registered
380 Posts
My Office was above Dorian Yates gym in Birmingham, we used to fight for parking at the back of our offices. Knew him for most of his 15 year reign as Mr Olympia. I gave up keeping fit once I was how his mental state was affected during training, form a talker to a man that only grunted weeks before a competition. Used to meet many TV personalities that used to visit and fight for the same parking spance......it was fun years.
(realy I just became lazy)

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Yep, I remember Dorian. I think I met him once at a contest when he was a guest poser. I remember years ago spending a week training down in Venice Beach where lots of the pros were training. Those guys were unbelievably huge in person. I met a few of them. The biggest I got was about 220lbs at 5'11" with a 31" waist. Not very big by the pros' standards but I never wanted to be that big. My goal was more like the look Frank Zane had, not huge but a pleasing physique.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
not huge but a pleasing physique.
Yep, this is me. It was also taken in 1996 when I was 40.......................................................................stone!!!

I didn't win the competition and I ain't been in no magazine :rolleyes: ......................... and as for all that girly tan stuff :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:.

She had to do it because she knew how
Aye, right Mark...................and your girlfriend fell for that one :doh: :rolling:​

1 - 13 of 13 Posts