Benelli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a copy of a email I sent to our local supa tech of all things Benelli
"Local auto electrician located a 12 to 14Ah battary of the same dimensions as the stock tornado battery for me (11Ah),don’t know the CCA rating, he was dubious of the claim that the stock tornado one puts out 110CCA, is this what it actually is?, quoted me $112 for one, think its worth the go of buying it?"

awaitng reply, if JohnO thinks it worth the try I'll giver it the go and see if the clocks and trip hold up. Had a look at the stater wiring the other day on the RS, loks a fugging mission to get to the cabling to replace it!, just getting the seat unit fairing off was a mission :rollin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
battery

Johnno's just as lost as me on the electrical side so I'll take a leap of faith and get the other battery, cant be any worse than the stock one :lol , besides i can always sell the stock one to a ER 500 rider :rollin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: tornado battery

same as old carb model of R1, had my Tre for 3 days now and it arrived in crate with a dead battery, dealer replaced with battery from R1, clocks reset first start,(quick charge and get me going job) spent night on optimiser and had no probs since. Most of my riding so far has been in the dark and bike goes back onto optimiser on return, always needs some charge, which would suggest that alternator is not quite up to the job of running bike with full lights, will have to get meters out and see how much battery is losing and if there is any way of comensating for this.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: tornado battery

Could anyone let me know the part no of the 2002 R1 battery which seems to work (eg Yuasa YTX14BS)? Most of the sites I've been to, offer an 11Ah battery for the R1 whereas you lot seem to have found ones which are 12-14Ah. This is more like the figure I would expect to work (eg my Speed Triple - 14Ah).
I can find 14Ah batteries OK but they are all too high to fit under the TNT seat so I am currently working on a handlebar mounted wind farm. Ta, Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts