Benelli Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Try Ryco Z200 or Baldwin BF1049.
The Ryco just cost me AUD11, which has got to be an improvement over the genuine Fiaam part from Benelli.
The Z200 is standard on Ford EA Falcons, Holden Astra TR, Holden Commodore VN-VS, Nissan Navara .... the list is long and, well, long.

·
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
One little trick when fitting the Z200 filter - the short delivery hose needs to be replaced with one that is 80mm long. Without it, the filter will be angled out too far, and won't fit through the tank hole.

Find pix here

This filter is 1/2 again bigger, so replacement every 30,000km is probably often enough. Of course, you could wait until it blocks up (maybe at 100,000 depending on your fuel), but that might be a tad inconvenient.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fuel and oil filter for TNT

Hi everyone! I've just bought my happy self a pitch black TNT and I'm wondering if I should put new high performance oil and fuel filters. Should I and can I use other manufacturers rather than get specific Benelli parts? What should I be aware of?

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
Hi Anatoly and congrats. on your latest purchase.

This is what I'm just about to fit on my Tornado at the next oil change:-

Can't comment on the performance as yet but it certainly looks the biz :clap:

Oh, and you may want to consider a DNA air filter as well :-

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
It's an oil filter.....I wanted one but couldn't find one recently....it's a cleanable type. Wash it out and reuse.

·
More fun than a KLR650
413 Posts
Right, well I kinda figured that part out!:p I'm intrigued but I couldn't find anything that cross-referenced an HF553 either. Drag.

Ordered me a Mann WK613. Hoping it fits!

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
HF. == hi flo 553. On ebay I use em all the time.:D

·
More fun than a KLR650
413 Posts
Oh yeah, totally on the HF. I buy 'em off Amazon; they're like $6 prime. I'm saying I can't find a cross-reference for a *permanent* one.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Oh yeah, totally on the HF. I buy 'em off Amazon; they're like $6 prime. I'm saying I can't find a cross-reference for a *permanent* one.

Oh ok. Bother could I, I did Also read somewhere that there was a problem with the permanent type. But can't find it at the moment:doh: May be I dreamt it.

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
Oh ok. Bother could I, I did Also read somewhere that there was a problem with the permanent type. But can't find it at the moment:doh: May be I dreamt it.
No, you didn't dream it Rick. Errol (Engenia) used one of the re-washable oil filters and the micronic filter disintegrated on his but I have been using mine on successive Benellis now for a number of years and never had a problem with it.

Scotts Performance in the States supplies them and part number 'S1' for a few a Triumph Speed Triple fits our Benellis

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
No, you didn't dream it Rick. Errol (Engenia) used one of the re-washable oil filters and the micronic filter disintegrated on his but I have been using mine on successive Benellis now for a number of years and never had a problem with it.

Scotts Performance in the States supplies them and part number 'S1' for a few a Triumph Speed Triple fits our Benellis
Thanks Laurence, thought i was going mad. :clap::bow:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts