Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to change the look of my Tre899k to make it look more like a scrambler. So that would be alter the tank shape to be more well er scrambly. So has anyone found anything with a similar innner shape to clear the airbox? Or is ditching the airbox a really bad idea? Other things will be to ditch the fairing and lights for a more basic look, high bars wheels tyres etc etc.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Best of luck with that one Glyn,I can not think of anything even close that would fit the frame and the air box.
I know you have a Trek , but why a Scrambler version. The Frame is longer than the Tornado and the Tnt, The swing arm weighs a ton,a mass of weight around the rear wheel spindle. Suspension travel at the rear very limited. A scrambler you want 150 kgs or less .Picking it up when you are down , Unless you are a 6 ft plus and built like a brick house ( missed a word out there). Plus I dont think the suspension would cope. Plan B I think.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you mean and have already had the pleasure of picking it up after off-roading it! Just need a change I think and no one seemed interested in buying it!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
A Benelli triple is for life, not just till Christmas. I have had offers for mine even more than I paid for them,but where would I find another, as good ?
Roll her into the back of the garage, maybe,s tidy her up a bit. If you have not got a garage , Buy a shed , a big one. then you can buy a scrambler , when funds, allow . Then she can have some company..Every man needs a shed ! if only to get away from the other half. Get a heater for the winter, power supply , and a fridge for the beer .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts