Benelli Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone...

I did read a thread about 3rd party oil filters for the Tre. However by the end of that thread I was still not clear which oil filter (other than factory Benelli's) to use. Could someone please advise?!

Thanks!

Toby

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Toby, try the Ryco Z436. The only isue not yet to be resolved is whether it has clearance at the base of the thread. I expect you'll know if it is not enough. It'll come up solid before the seal touches.

As far as flow goes, it is better than the original.

Try it, and let us know how it went. If it won't seal, I know that the Baldwin B1400 will fit, but don't know it's flow characteristics. It'll get you by until you can get an original.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about for the RS?

Does the filters you mention above suit the RS? I guess the TRE and the RS would share the same filter, but just to be sure.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oil filter

I got a z436 billy, about to fit it soon, taking the bike to Vee Two engineering for a open day and dyno run tomorrow, then i'll drop the oil and try the ryco and let you know, shouldnt be a problem. Oh and I;ll post some pics

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: oil filter

Thank you Engenia for the recommendations. Aussievtr, please let me know how the z436 fits! Thanks! I'm going to wait another week on the Benelli shipping department.

Assievtr, how many Benellis (or which ones) do you have? ... RS? TNT?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oil filter

Only the one, the RS, sold the VTr and Husqvarna recently. I'm going to drop the oil this coming weekend, will let everyone know how it tightens up..
Wouldnt mind a TnT sport though, none in Oz yet

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oil filter

drained the oil this morning, refitting the new filter tomorrow morning before work, will post once i get in to the office :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oil filter

fitted perfectly, I used a Cooper oil filter part # 1037, its the interchangeable part with a Ryco Z436, they didnt have any ryco in stock when i got it, apart from the little metal tang that helps lock in the hose clamp around the oil filter not coming undone (one of the allen cap screws is super frigging tight) which i bent down a tad to get the lip of the oil filter over it tightened up sweet as.:rollin There ya toby :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Benelli oil filter

Couldn't find any info on a "Cooper" oil filter # 1037. Where can I find one? I have a Tornado LE, btw.:rolleyes

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oil filter

Just go the Ryco 436, with the factory running again oil filter should start flowing soon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts