Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first Benelli here, Im assuming the wire wheels have tubes. Hows the games for a roadside repair with only a sidestand, what's the criteria ,do you carry spare tubes ? 2 front and back? or/and puncture repair kit ? What about getting the wheels off,and the tyres , i suppose it's a 2 man job. Just wondering what's worth carrying, maybe just breakdown cover

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
95 Posts
I carry xtra tubes due to my kind of riding.
But I allso have a aluminium engine guard so I just lift her on a log or whatever is laying around.
I swapped the rear tube by laying her down in a small hill/slope.
No biggie really, just make sure that the fuel don't leak out if you lay her down.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i finally had the tyres off today and discovered inner tubes much to my disgust. upon refitting new tyres with no tubes i found the tubeless valves i had ready were too big,maybe they are for cast wheels not spokes. The excel rims have tape inside the rim already, so did the Amazonas come with tubeless as standard , i would have thought so , so why has someone put tubes in here? It was too late to run around and get valves and i wanted the bike running for the weekend so i've very angrily put the tubes back in for now.
What's the verdict on tubes , they are Pirelli hd tubes, shall i leave them in, if i puncture maybe a tub of slime will seal it. Really pissed off at the thought of taking it all apart again but i can't see the point of inner tubes, only drawbacks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i had another go at the front wheel today, i removed the tube ,put a straight tubeless valve in , i had an angled valve ready but it was too short for the excel rim which has a slight hump in the middle, i aired up and it was losing air. I put in a small bottle of slime sealant and after a few pumps and rolls it seems to be holding pressure. Am i good to go? Was this how the original amazonas was sold, what tyres did they come with?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts