Benelli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was up at Three X today and spotted 2 of the 99 only built MV Augusta 1000 F4s retailing at £70,000

I would like to point out that this is a lot of money. The debate is - is it £70,000 well spent?:D

Lloyd - did you choose the right one!!??

·
903 Posts
Chosing the right one?

I think I might have done, as it probably would have been unisurable if I had bought the 70k one!

I phoned up my insurance to get my MV covered for one month for them to tell me "We've not got that bike listed"! We get that one resolved when the second problem comes along when I tell her what alarm I have on it, "we don't have that listed (Top of the range Meta cat 1), get that sorted and a quote is given! How much do you think it cost for one month?

£69.81! for one month! £800.00 per year just for the MV. When asked why I can insure three bikes for £381 and the MV costs twice that on it own I am told "cause its new!" JEZ!

My policy which covered my Benelli, Yamaha and Kawasaki fully comp with protected NCB and solicitor cover for one year was £381.00!

They still have not recovered the money they paid out on my Nelli so say I have a claim against me even though they know I was innocent and that they will get there money back from the third party!

Bloody insurance companies want a red hot poker shoved up the arse!

:soapbox: :duel: :mad:

Your's a very grumpy old man!:rolling:

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
Bloody daylight robbery if you ask me but why are you only insuring it for 1 month Lloyd?

·
903 Posts
That is all I have left on the policy I have. I kneed to insure the MV so I can tax it. (You have to have at least one months insurance to tax a vehicle.)

I will seriously have to look at other companies who do multibike policies. The only prob is I will a claim against me until the guy who hit me insurance pays up!

NORICH UNION your scum of the earth!

They still have not accepted liability even though he has been convicted!:soapbox:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
PHP:
Your's a very grumpy old man! :rolling:
Never a truer word spoken ! :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

I agree with all your points there Lloyd - NU are scum, they do want pokers shoving up where the sun dont shine - oh and you are old ! - I wasnt sure bout the grumpy bit at 1st but I think I agree with that now :doh:

My mate has had his blade in at a honda main dealer for 3 months following it being stolen and recovered (the very next day) - NU's assessor has been to it and valued the damage at £1300 but the honda dealers quote is £3400 and for just under 3 months NU cant decide if to write it off or repair it !!!:doh:

Friggin bonkers if you ask me !

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
PHP:
Your's a very grumpy old man! :rolling:
Never a truer word spoken ! :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

I agree with all your points there Lloyd - NU are scum, they do want pokers shoving up where the sun dont shine - oh and you are old ! - I wasnt sure bout the grumpy bit at 1st but I think I agree with that now :doh:

My mate has had his blade in at a honda main dealer for 3 months following it being stolen and recovered (the very next day) - NU's assessor has been to it and valued the damage at £1300 but the honda dealers quote is £3400 and for just under 3 months NU cant decide if to write it off or repair it !!!:doh:

Friggin bonkers if you ask me !
Lloyd, I wouldn't touch NU if you threatened my sphinkter with the red hot poker - they have been ripping off sqauddies for years with there policies in Germany - even if they were the cheapest, I'd go to the 2nd cheapest to make sure they didn't get my hard earned reddies -- F***&ng rip off merchants!

(Sorry for the expletives, I hate them!)
Andy

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
Hey Kurt, I'm surprised that you haven't 'plugged' that Insurance company you made a ad for yet!!!

I'm with Carole Nash myself. Always found them quite competitive but then again I've never had to claim, so I don't know what they are like with dishing our the readies.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Hey Kurt, I'm surprised that you haven't 'plugged' that Insurance company you made a ad for yet!!!

I'm with Carole Nash myself. Always found them quite competitive but then again I've never had to claim, so I don't know what they are like with dishing our the readies.
Haha -Actually Lawrence, I have never insured with Bennetts :eek: , they have never been the cheapest for me.:(
But everything else about the company from my experience is pretty damn good :D :D :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts