Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ANGUS
Can i say a massive THANK YOU to you, your good lady LISA and everyone else concerned for a brilliant day.
Both me and Mrs P had a fab time with a TOP bunch of people. Even BBA behaved and didn't get his tartan knitted speedo's out for the hot tub :clap: .. (How was that little ride home up to Scotland in the dark BBA)
The ride out was ace and you are completely mad on the damp bits Argoose :bow: :rolling:
A FABULOUS DAY IN GREAT COMPANY. ROLL ON SILVERSTONE (even tho i won't see much of you guys cuz i'll be out on track all weekend. . . BUGGER)

:bow: :bow: :bow: THANKS AGAIN FRIEND :bow: :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Thank You to Goose and Lisa

Well said Pony :clap:
A special long distane award goes to Drew and BBA. Some 700 mile round trip in a day! Plus Goose's 40 mile rideW around the Peak District and Snake Pass. What's more BBA's journey home was behind an irridium visor, keeping an eye on Drew's taillight :rolling:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
BBA Exclusive- shock horror!!

BBA may have met his match last night. A female called Emma (very naughty and provocative) the amazing result is that Al ran for his border to escape :rolling:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
A Big Thankyou to my fellow Benelli'sts

A Big Thankyou to all who attended and making the meeting a huge success, Thankyou to Bob,Colin,Dominic,Adrian,Chris(owdgit),Rob,Big Al, Drew, Chris Grigson and Mary (Benelli GB Club Editor & Partner who came on the first Tornado and Cagiva Xtra Raptor ) , Simon & Jo , Brian(Holtie) for attending and your company along with the huge group of other friends . I hope i kept you all supplied with enough food/drink etc and it was a pleasure to see everyone enjoy it all :bow: . Big respect for Big Al and Drew who had their endurance ride in from Scotland and as well as Dominic for his arrival from Hertfordshire and Colin / Rob from their journey in from the Midlands Jaunt.

Weather turned out to be good and the ride out was just the right amount for all i think(Benelli's in force in the High Peak). Good to see so many Tornado's on the Drive and the inclusion of Eric/Karen and brother on the CBR900 and VF1000R also added and maybe they may convert to benelli's as well.

You Guys(& girls) are the tops and certainly made the event a fantastic one and i would like to thank you all for making me very happy :clap: .

As a follow on i had chris Grigson return today to collect his camera that ride out pictures were taken on and he arrived on his Benelli Sei900 and gave it me to ride - Big Thanks Chris i certainly enjoyed the chance to ride a Classic Benelli :bow: .

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Thanks and Piccies

What a fun day we had!
Thanks sooo much Angus & Lisa we were truly spoiled with a constant stream of food, drink and that fantastic pizza! It was really good to meet people and I so wish we'd been able to stay for the evening, but returning today to fetch the pictures I got to ride Angus's beautiful red RS!!! - almost as good as meeting the new kittens, soft bugger that I am.

My first Benelli triple ride ... what a revelation... the suspension, the handling, the brakes and then that engine - so powerful but so easy to drive the only way I can think to describe it's character is friendly, like it's on your side all the time.

The old Motobi Tornado let me down on the way back when the twin's vibration severed the a connection on the regulator and the generator light came on. By some freak stroke of luck I'd pocketed a ready terminated cable on the way out of the house. The bike must have been running total loss for a while as there was barely enough juice left in the battery to get it started again. Didn't I say it was a fun day out.

Pics here:
Meet in the peak 2009

Thanks everso to Bob for taking the excellent photos of the ride out and evening. Alas there's no pic of Al running away from the over affectionate Ms X. Ifanyone object to appearing or is concerned about visible number plates let me know and I'll remove the offending bits immediately.

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
you lucky buggers!

Hey Lads (and lasses),
that looked like a top day at goose and lisa's and that a good time was had by all.
I was thinking about you guy's enjoying yourselves while I was on night's :bawl: :clap:

Hopefully I'll be at the next one :clap: :ele: :clap: :ele: :clap:

PS more pics please and how'd Fraser's bash go?

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
What a great day!

I'd just like to say a big thank you to Goose and Lisa for their fantastic hospitality and for having to put up with their house being invaded by a load of bampots:D It was superb seeing all of those Tornados in one place and the ride out to the Snakes Pass was even better. Watching all of those people stand there gobsmacked as we poured through their streets was really something else.
I'm just glad that my bike was actually in the pictures this time instead of being left all alone whilst I nursed a hangover from hell:rolling:
Even better was meeting some familiar faces (seems almost like family now) and finally getting to put some new faces to usernames. The only thing that could have made the day even better would have been if my good mate (and professional spammer) RobFM could have been their on his Nelli too. It must have been gutting for him to be there bikeless:bawl:
Another shout out goes to my new wingman, Kiddy. Top bloke he was. Not only did he have to wait on me at the service station while I emptied my arse into the toilets (on one occasion I had to go back for another go) but he also acted as my 'high beam' as mine had packed in. It wasn't too bad riding in the dark with a tinted visor, but at times you had to guess when the corners were coming up at you:rolling:
I finally managed to get home at 3.45am, crawled into bed and never surfaced until 4pm!!! Poor Kiddy had to get up at 10am to drive his family another hundred or so miles so I hope he managed to keep his eyes open and will at least have a beer for me when he finally makes the bar.
Thanks again to everyone for making it a fantastic day out (huge apology to Fraser for not making his bash as well) and hope to see you all at Silverstone:clap:

Al:D

As for Mrs X's advances? I'm not afraid to say I was genuinely scared for my life :rolling: :rolling:

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
top day!!!!!

i would also like to say a big thank you to angus & family for providing a top day for us all :bow: :bow: it was nice to put more faces to names so now i can't wait till the scotland 2010 trip its going to be a laugh :D :D its a pity i wont be going to the silverstone meet to meet up with more of you guys but unfortunataly theirs a beach i need to lay on for 2 weeks :rolleyes: ;)
the ride out was fun watching some of the dodgey over takes on the snake pass especialey angus's over take with the tidal wave from the car did he think he was surfing???? riding the wave :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Fair play to Angus and family for putting on a top event. It was great to catch up with some old faces and meet some new. Didnt even rain :clap:
Also top marks to Al and Kiddy for a marathon day in the saddle.. I salute you both you pair of nutters!! Al met his match in Emma though it has to be said :rolling:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
a few nellies squashed together, 2 le's 3 rs's & a tre, look how dirty bob's wheels where!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolling:
Well one of us had wet roads, but blessed with the memory of an elephant I recalled the below quote:

God Kurt i had all this lined up anyway and russ is chained to the dungeon wall as we speak (he say's he likes it tho !) and nubile topless wash girls will be on hand (Dartford girls need not apply ).
:rolling: .
Can I point out that JR had wash n wax facilities upon arrival (n33ly and Al don't start)

No wash girls (except the residents in the hot tub)
Now it is only my respect for the Goose that I don't start preceeding for breach of contract :(

·
Registered
1,758 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Kind words from you all are appreciated and its a pleasure to of finally had the meet as i can now work on Silverstone more and hopefully we will all get together again at Colins brilliant priced Xmas Do' idea at the end of the year around NEC Time . I have to say a big thanks to my other half Lisa who worked unbelievably hard on the Meet and i really am very lucky :bow:

Bob - in Honour of your LE expecting a wash i should of had ramps for you to ride immediately into the hot tub "Glug Glug" but then it may of ended up with a coil stick issue :D - and my "cleaning fairies "never turned to clean it whilst it was parked up in my bike garage whilst we all slept :( .

If we have another party next year i think i'll make it June say then we can truly enjoy the British Summer :rolleyes: . I may time it when the "Mad Emma" is not available as i dont want Al to suffer trauma like that again :eek:

Cheers My Benelli'sts anyone passing my house always welcome be it party or not :bow:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Ah! So Bob did snaffle a picture of the famous Emma, I just didn't recognise the significance of the Stella can when I saw it.

Good Show!

Chris

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
If we have another party next year i think i'll make it June say then we can truly enjoy the British Summer :rolleyes:
Weather was ok, although a bit brass monkeys in the evening. Big plus was NO RAIN :D

I may time it when the "Mad Emma" is not available as i dont want Al to suffer trauma like that again :eek:
Where's Al? Anyone noticed he's gone quiet?
"mork calling orson"
Fair play he could still be sleeping after his rides :bow:
or... may be checking out some school girls before college starts, practice as such ;)
or ...could he be hiding from Mad Emma, the Stella Queen :rolling:

Cheers My Benelli'sts anyone passing.....
Got to correct the grammer, it's ....Benellisti
(Goose is one of the 'piloti' ;) )

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
Many Thanks Goose

Hi Guys,

Just a quick note to add my own thanks to Angus and family for hosting another superb Nelli-fest. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Was great to meet up with all you guys: Colin, Chris, Ade, Simon, Drew, BigAl, Bob and Rob. Not forgetting other family and friends of The Goose.

A party is always more exciting when there's crazy pussy around, as BigAl will doubtless agree. And that little black kitten kept me awake most of the night by careering around the lounge at regular intervals :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

I got home late on Sunday rather knackered and totally jealous of all you guys who have access to such awesome roads (aside from the 50mph limit, which is ridiculous!).

Look forward to catching up at Silverstone - am off this week to Benelli-land, diving off the coast of Genoa. And eating lots of Pizza & Pasta :D

Arrivederci!

Dom

View attachment 1827

1 - 20 of 25 Posts