Benelli Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Occasionaly up until today when I start the bike and shift from neutral into gear the bike shuts down. This I'm assuming is as simple as the safety button on the kickstand being sticky. This morning though as I took the bike out for a quick run and stopped off for a drink the bike did it over and over again. In the parking lot of a cafe there is no way to fix this, finally, after picking at the switch and tapping it the bike would go into gear, but Im not having that again. Anyone remove the switch, I know of others who have done it on other bikes. Seems like it should be easy enough?

· Registered
1 Posts
Had a similar problem on my Trident 900. Followed the schematic and removed the entire clutch and sidestand circuit from being an active part of the wiring. All that was required was routing a new wire to the relay. Yes, it now starts in gear without the clutch being pulled. Back to a simpler time without NHTSA keeping me from being stupid.

Ever wonder why there are so many idiots out on the road? Ralph Nader kept them in the gene pool.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts