Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I have only been riding bikes for 12 months after driving cars for 40 years. Bit the bullet last week after passing my full licence & test riding 18 bikes in 3 days. I eagerly picked up a 03 compliance plate 'demo' TRE, with 600 kms on it yesterday & farewelled my fun CBR250RR 'Babyblade'.
What a buzz the Tornado is!
Just wanted to say I went in with my eyes pretty wide open. They would have been even wider if I had heard about this group before last weekend.
Notwithstanding, the information I have gleaned from the site has been invaluable. Already a few 'things' have happened that would have been somewhat disconcerting if I had not been aware of them. For that many thanks.

It is also very reassuring for us 'Down Under' to have JohnnyO so involved.

I believe when a West Aussie returns from the East there will be 3 Tornados in our vast State. Am certainly looking forward to my first proper ride into the Perth 'hills', so rightly described as pimples in a previous post.
Cheers for now,
Vincenzo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welcome to our little family

Greetings Vincenzo and welcome to the forums;)

I'll warn you before it's too late ...... Laurencewhite WILL make you spend money on your bike even if you have no money to spend:) I'm pretty sure he uses some kind of voodoo so if you find yourself reaching for your wallet and you don't know why .... he's your reason8)

I've not been here that long, but everybody gets on great and I find myself visiting this forum more and more and I'm sure that you'll find this place the same;)

Welcome again buddy

Al:smokin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Welcome to our little family

Thanks very much Al,
The 'family' certainly seem to be a very enthusiastic & eclectic group.
I have already expressed interest in JohnnyO's carbon tank protector! Also the Benelli leather jackets on the European web sites look pretty good.
Regarding DIY accessories & matters mechanical, I will leave that up to the experts.
Although I have been involved in the maritime profession ever since leaving school & am still a practising sea pilot, I regard myself as just a 'simple sailor', with a liking for big boys toys!
Vince

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I regard myself as just a 'simple sailor', with a liking for big boys toys!
Thank heavens you put 'toys' at the end of that sentence:rollin

So, how do you rate the tre then Vince? Can you compare it to any other bikes that you've had a go on?

Aye aye cap'n;)

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Welcome aboard (or is that your line)

It's great to see another proud owner join the Forum (especially one that's older than me);)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Keep your wallet locked away Vince ..... he's here0] Run like the wind buddy:rollin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Hi Al,
Cannot comment too much about the ride yet - only had two 30 min. tests. However, the primary reaction has been fantastic, to coin a very cliched expression.
The Tre was on my short list with the MV Brutale, TNT 1130, Yamaha FZ1S, MG Griso & Suzuki SV1000S. Also rode the MV F4 1000 - very impressive, but the ride position & seat (comfort?) were far too 'agressive' for me.
If my head had ruled, the FZ1S would have won. Eventually it came down to the Tre or Brutale. I had been eying off the Tre in the dealership for 12 months, as I was really impressed with the design, which could almost be described as unique.
I certainly learnt very quickly you need to be very careful at low speed & when stopping with the height & turning circle circle constraints. Just love the exhaust note & slipper clutch - pity about the neutral 'issue' , but can live with that - too many other positives!
Cheers,
Vince

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Ahhh, the good ol' turning circle:) The amount of times that I would try and do a turn in the road only to realise that I was running out of tarmac quickly:eek The bike does have a heck of a lot of positives and of course the odd niggle here and there, but like you've mentioned before Vince, you get to live with them. It's all part of wearing the tre badge I suppose;) If I had the cash then I might have opted for the MV F4 myself (I've always wanted a Tornado and the MV) but it would have been a close call as to which one I would have picked at the end of the day. I would love to have the opportunity to compare both bikes side by side on a closed circuit to see what they were really like, but hey, we're all allowed to dream huh?:p

Al

1 - 8 of 8 Posts