Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have another Nellie to replaced my dearly departed, of fond memory!:ele:
Beero and I went on a marathon journey yesterday to view, and purchase, the old girl:D . A 2003 Tre, in the CORRECT colour;), well used, with all the upgrades, full history, but a newcomer turned the owner's head, so he didn't ride it much for the last couple of years, hence the sale - a genuine bike:) . Not one of the low mileage ones that are around at the moment, there are a couple of very minor cosmetics to sort out, but, provided I can change a fork seal in the next couple of days, she will be attending Silverstone!:clap: :clap:
( If not, Benellibug, can I still bring your Titanium, please??:bow:) :D.

See you all there..

Cheers
Ian

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
Welcome back

That's great news Ian :clap:

Glad you're back in Green & Silver colours :D :D :D sounds like a tidy example - be great if you can make it in time for the weekend!

cheers,
Dom

·
Registered
401 Posts
was bidding on that bike on the bay hmmm the next one is mine lol (one less person to be looking for one)
well done bud hope its a good one, hope to see what could have been mine at the weekend

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
was bidding on that bike on the bay hmmm the next one is mine lol (one less person to be looking for one)
well done bud hope its a good one, hope to see what could have been mine at the weekend
Sorry about that, matey!:p I was leading the bidding at the time of purchase, and I still was a fair few bids ahead, if you see what I mean, but wasn't going to buy without seeing it first. Then the owner saw the readies and nearly broke my wrist!:rolling: I did in fact find it in BikeTrader first, made contact, but then it popped up on fleabay. Whatever....:D

Anyway, we always take a chance with a 2nd hand bike, but it seems OK. Time will tell...

Thanks for your kind responses, chaps.:bow: I feel a duty to keep it in one piece..;)

Cheers
Ian

·
T900 TRE is the plate!
434 Posts
Ian

Just sent you a pm. LE is fit and well again:D Well done with the purchase.

Titanium is fueled and ready should you not get the seal done. Just got to check the attachment to the top front of the engine tonight.

Dave

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Well done Ian. Begining to think I might repalce mine but not conviced myself yet .. Wlll need to be a red one though. Mike

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Great news Ian I knew you couldnt keep away for long! Just make sure you keep off that "country lane" or at least try and maintain a millimeter of chicken strip on the edge of your tyre... you know, just an incy wincy buffer zone :rolling:

·
Registered
401 Posts
te he

did the tactical first bid to lose the buy it now and also offered the guy a price to come on saturday and take it away but he didn't bite, told me he was going to let it run so left it and going to stick in bid on thursday morn but hey well done bud.
I was thinking wow thats a long way to go from hertfordshire but wow what a trip you had.
Hope to see it on saturday mate.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
:clap: Nice one Ian.. :clap:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
The swinging arm has NO chunks out of it, either, Steven!

And, a huge new chain:rolling:

Regards
Ian
Brill.. :ele: I'll send ya down a little cover ta stick on anyway mate.. ;)

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
did the tactical first bid to lose the buy it now and also offered the guy a price to come on saturday and take it away but he didn't bite, told me he was going to let it run so left it and going to stick in bid on thursday morn but hey well done bud.
I was thinking wow thats a long way to go from hertfordshire but wow what a trip you had.
Hope to see it on saturday mate.
Sorry mate. I bid up big time to freeze the bidding, having opened negotiations with him by phone within an hour of the listing. I thought that it would slip away, so I filled up the Sprinter, phoned up Beero and we took off up the motorway! 650 miles, and 14 hours later, we arrived back in Cornwall Benelli'd up!:clap:

Let's hope it's a good'n:confused:

Cheers:D
Ian

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ian

Just sent you a pm. LE is fit and well again:D Well done with the purchase.

Titanium is fueled and ready should you not get the seal done. Just got to check the attachment to the top front of the engine tonight.

Dave
That's brilliant, Dave; I've pm'd you; many thanks once again!:clap: I must be the luckiest guy on the forum, with a choice of Tre or TNT Titanium to ride to Silverstone!:ele: Oh, actually, you are, Dave, as you OWN the Titanium, and an LE...:bow: Tough, choice, huh?

Regards:D
Ian

1 - 20 of 22 Posts