Benelli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peeps
Well its that time year again. Big mistake made went into a bike shop and saw it the Trek sat on it and it was love:doh:

got t test ride tomorrow morning and if all goes well will be the proud owner a a silver and green trek with matching panniers.

Does that make me a trekkie:D

Coming from a Cb1300 seems like the right step. bit lighter, bit sleeker, just right for an old:fart:

does anyone out there take their better halves as pillion if so whats the report on the little pillion seat, Confort factor out of 10 please. 1 being painful.:bawl:

Well its been nice chatting look forward to some rip roaring replies. no profanities please :rolleyes:

·
keeft
70 Posts
Welcome Glen,

If people keep buying TreK's they will soon be as common as TnT's :rolling: OMG what did I just say, Benelli becoming common :eek: :eek:

Mr Pop's (ExJapSteve) often takes Mrs Pop's on the back (bike that is guys) so he should be able to report seat-of-the-pants feeling.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Welcome Glenn47,

I have a Tornado so don't know about the Trek's pillion seat. The Tornado pillion seat is only the size of a stamp and the riders seat ain't much better. :rolling:

Is see you in the North West and I'm in the North East, so we'll probs bump into each other at Hartside Café. ;)

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Padding

Welcome Mate, i own a Tornado RS, my mrs goes on the back with no problems, it depends how much padding the other half has mate, my one is ok......FAT ARSE COW!!!!!!!!!! if she reads this, i am dead!!!!!:D

·
Registered
146 Posts
snap

:D hi glen glad to here there is another daft old fart! did just the same as you i pick mine up next friday , must admit the passenger seat was my only concern , but the wife is built for comfort these day so should be ok . it will be good to compare notes as we put the miles on them :D

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
hi glen and welcome my missus finds the pilllion seat very comfortable its looks are deceiving .i am however having ours modified and gel pads fitted to increase our comfort

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
......FAT ARSE COW!!!!!!!!!! if she reads this, i am dead!!!!!:D
:rolling: Lee the pints are on you otherwise were telling ya misses.. :rolling:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brave man Lee

I described my wife as a fat arse to the dealer and told her what I had said. She refused to go and see the bike before I laid my life in te hands of the finance company. :doh:

Nay way I bought it and collect it next saturday. She will just have to deal with the discomfort or face the fact that I will be out on my own every other weekend. Which has been the case for the last 4 years. She hated the CB.:confused: :confused:

Any tips on spares and stuff will be warmly welcome.

Oh if any one is looking for Padock stand bobbins and Hooks take a look on ebay. £7.99 a per for bobbins and £5.99 for hooks:clap:
More money to be spent :doh: Never mInd

Happy Biking:D

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Hi Glenn, just got back from Butlins fully loaded panniers, tank bag and Mrs Pops on back. No problems with the pillion seat other than the usual stiffness after 11/2 hours.

She would not go on the tornado due to being 6 foot tall and the high pillion foot pegs but she has no problem with the TreK.

Only problem I had was with the Lincolnshire plod, stopped me for a small number plate the twats.

·
Registered
9 Posts
welcome

hi glenn

just wanted to say welcome and enjoy the new toy the feed back from my missus is that the pillion is comfortabel although dosent look it. :) :) :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks again peeps

What can I say. a big thanks:bow:
Well its just passed its first 100 I have to say that its a very different machine to that of the CB. Noisy little bleeder sound like a massey ferguson on steriods. but goes like a missile. Can't beleive how it accelerates upto the 100:doh: hope theres no plod reading this.

again thanks peeps

·
Registered
9 Posts
torque of the trek

glenn i agree mate

as far as ive reserached the tre k is the torquiest bike in its range and i love it, not many bikes can live with the tre k with the low grunt in the twisties. rock on :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i have to agree even my buell ulysees never felt as strong and she was free breathing pipe and filters etc just as noisy though :ele:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wow!!!

Picked the trek up today done 110 miles and just loved it ,the torque is amazing, which is just what we need up here in the highlands. why did i spend the last thre years on a harley. thank you benelli :bow:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts