Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2004 TRE and will pick it up next weekend.. I"M EXTREMELY EXCITED..
The bike has been custom painted Blue and Silver, all green parts were painted blue.. I'm a little skeptical about it, as any painted bike is a problem in my opinion, but I'll do a thorough inspection :)
Wish me luck everyone, and I look forward to being an active member of this board.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ebay

Was it the Blue and Silver one that has been on ebay recently? Any warranty? Where did you buy from? Also, the motive behind the paint may have have been simple really. A bunch of the fairing panels that were sprayed were improperly done and had a flaking/peeling problem. The owner may have chosen to have them painted rather than warranty them. Welcome to the club mate. This forum is a fantastic source of information going back a long time. You will find, I am sure, that the Benelli is about passion. It is by far one of the most beautiful bikes ever made. Congrats and good luck.

John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the fold

:hat

Welcome, what part of the world are you from?

This is the best site for Benelli owners to get info, have a moan or tell all about the good things. We look forward to hearing about your bike.

Oh, also host some piccies if you can! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Welcome to the fold

Yes, it is the bike from Ebay.. that's a good deal right? $9100? I'm flying to pick it up and riding it back home 800 miles over a 3 day span so I can take the back mountain roads. :)
Anyone familiar with this part of the US knows it'll be a great ride.. I'm in Memphis, Tennessee and I'll be riding the bike home from Fayetteville, North Carolina... Can anyone say Dragon ;) ..
Thanks for the heads up on the paint. I was already thinking the same thing.. I actually just mentioned it to my wife this morning.. I actually have a Yusa Battery sitting in my garage from my old TL1000s.. :) Hope it works.. I have to check the number... I bought it, and never used it.. I put it on a trickle every now and then..
I got rid of my TL1000S because i was in Florida and it's too straight and boring for a Sport bike. espcially a TLS with a TLR front fork/brake setup, Ohlins rear, and WLR damper.. Too much performance, not enough use.. I sold that and bought a Victory Vegas.. then I ended up moving to Tenn.. I scraped the pegs constantly and now I just stare at my feet instead of the road when taking hard turns.. Not really a safe riding method.. Sooo, I'm selling the Vegas, if anyone needs a 2nd, 3rd, 10th bike.. :)
I'm REALLY looking forward to this Benelli, as one of my first bikes was a Triumph RS955i and I just LOVED the way that bike pulled. .. didn't like the fact that people thought I was a UPS truck when I pulled up to their stores, but that's only when sitting still, something I don't plan to do very often on that bike :)
Thanks for the welcome and Yes, this board does have PLENTY of info!..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Welcome aboard mightymouse;)
Did you mention .... THE DRAGON:eek :eek I hope we're talking about the same thing here ... Deals Gap!!
You'll love it here, we have a moan now and then, but at the end of the day we're all in love with the Tornado. Get some pics posted buddy and let's see what she looks like in the flesh:b :b

Al:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Welcome,

I am happy to see that I am not the only one to like the blue & silver combination, I have actually chosen that colour for a difference.

You mean this DRAGON???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Yes sir, that dragon.. :)
it's pretty much on the out of the way home.. :)
I'm a little worried though.. Will my bike make it 800miles?
I'm worried that the bike will breakdown or something.. I'm starting to consider not getting it afterall after reading all the negative posts here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congratulations with your purchase MightyMouse. I hope you hace as much pleasure with your TORNADO as I have with mine.
BTW I have seen the bike on Ebay and the blue color looks awesome (looks like a Mondial)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not getting it

After reading a bunch about the CAM Chains breaking and such I have decided against getting this bike. Unless this is not a problem for 2004 benellis..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Not Getting It

Your probably better off anyway, for now, in the states at least. The Benelli's got me lurking and sniffing about, but to buy one, especially used, and an early one, after researching things for some time, with the lack of any dealer support in our region, means that when that inevitable breakdown does occur, it will be a very painful one, filled with regret even.......I have'nt heard much on stateside warranty/parts availability.....Who would do your service? Those two issues alone will make your choice an easy one.......well at least for sane people. I own an MZ 1000 and a Laverda Strike so who am I to question whether to buy one of these exclusive and rare bikes!!!:lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
not getting

yeah, I am not sure about parts
I feel, with a good manual, I can do the service work myself. But.. If I have a cam chain break or something strange like that my days would be ruined for a long time..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts