Benelli Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:p

Take a look at ebay under Ducati motorcycles item 110078818250.

I am absolutely sure this is a scam, it's a 999 Testastretta on a 2004 plate with less than 1500miles on the clock.

There is no address listed and the guy is asking £0.09 under Classified Ads, as you go further down the page he wants £2900.00 for a "quick sale". I have reported it to ebay.

There are some right wan*ers out there!:mad: :mad:

Just found another one, Ducati 999R for £2500.00 under Classified Ads again item no 110083809341.

Is it me not understanding the selling process or does the seller think we are all stupid?

·
Administrator
972 Posts
Good catch Lloyd. I once saw my Mille R on Ebay. The SOB took the pics off my personal site. He dissappeared so fast off eBay I bet his head was spinning.

·
Registered
59 Posts
ebay scammers

I've seen loads of scam bikes for sale on ebay. They usually are from a seller with a zero (or almost) feedback rating, asking for a stupid low price (of say under £3000 for a bike worth double or treble that) and to contact them through an email address rather than bidding/buying through ebay, which would give you some protection. Stay away from anything like that.

If they have a good feedback rating, it's pretty dependable they are legit, but be warned that some ebay accounts have been bought by scam artists to make it look like they are reputable sellers.

Phil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts