Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

booked for my usual trip to the TT.
This year the beast of burden will be the Tornado.

Anyone going?
There is a Benelli / Motobi meeting at the Crosby Hotel (Tuesday race week?). Could be a good place to meet up.

Bob

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
T.t 07

HI MATE, WENT TO THE THE T.T. LAST YEAR ON MY PRISTINE ZX12R, SAW A BENELLI PARKED IN RAMSEY & FELL IN LOVE, PAID THE DEPOSIT ON A RED RS YESTERDAY FROM RED DOG`S.:) MAY BE RETURNING THIS YEAR. A WORD OF WARNING- BEWARE THE TRAM LINES IN DOUGLAS, GOT OF THE FERRY IN LIGHT RAIN, ALONG DOUGLAS PROM FOR 100 YARDS ON MY BIKE & 20 YARDS ON MY ARSE. DONT GO ANYWHERE NEAR THE BLOODY THINGS. 4 BIKERS WENT DOWN IN TEN MINS AT THE SAME SPOT - I WAS THE SECOND, THE FIRST GUY HELPED ME UP!! PASS THE WORD AS BENELLI PLASTICS ARE VERY DEAR.:bawl:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tt08

Have been going for 12 years, and your warning is def justified. Not to mention the horse sh*t from the trams LOL

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
lacking in qualitybikes!!!!

Have been going for 12 years, and your warning is def justified. Not to mention the horse sh*t from the trams LOL
i know, it sticks to the tyres & you have to pick it out of the tread with your fingers( stops you biting your nails though!!)
Great island, freindly locals & plod, amazing racing but a distinct lack of Benellis.
Probably going to try the Manx GP, Anyone been????
Is the Mountain section one way as it was for last years T.T.????:ele:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know, it sticks to the tyres & you have to pick it out of the tread with your fingers( stops you biting your nails though!!)
Great island, freindly locals & plod, amazing racing but a distinct lack of Benellis.
That is where I 1st saw the Tornado. At TT 2000 Benelli took 2 prototype race bikes over and had a lap of honour. They were configured as 'Big Bang' engines, sexiest thing I've ever heard oooo mmmmm :bow:

Probably going to try the Manx GP, Anyone been????
I go to both each year, have been Marshalling both for last 4 years. MGP is a lot quieter than TT, aimed more towards the classic brigade. But, quieter = quieter roads so good for riding :)

Is the Mountain section one way as it was for last years T.T.????:ele:
Don't know whether it will be 1-way for whole of TT. App was expensive to run ....but there was no fatals on mountain. Wait and see (fingers crossed)

Bob

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
One way mountain section

That is where I 1st saw the Tornado. At TT 2000 Benelli took 2 prototype race bikes over and had a lap of honour. They were configured as 'Big Bang' engines, sexiest thing I've ever heard oooo mmmmm :bow:

I go to both each year, have been Marshalling both for last 4 years. MGP is a lot quieter than TT, aimed more towards the classic brigade. But, quieter = quieter roads so good for riding :)

Don't know whether it will be 1-way for whole of TT. App was expensive to run ....but there was no fatals on mountain. Wait and see (fingers crossed)

Bob
it was a great idea to have the mountain one way, i went in 04 & it was mental up there with two way traffic. much better one way. had an amazing ride over the mountain, there was an accident, the road was closed, loads of bikes were waiting for it to re open- i asked a police women "when will it open?" "5 mins" she replied. i walked away & told the nearest biker it was shut for the rest of the day, by the time i got back to my mates, the word had spread like wild fire! all but us & 2 other guys were left out of at least 200. we rode over with the road to ourselves!!!! naughty but nice, i went to church the next day to confess my sin!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: ;) :clap: :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts