Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004/54 Tornado 900, 2021 BMW K1600 GTLE, 2014 Yamaha R6 race bike
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am in the middle of upgrading the Z25 and related parts on my newly acquired 900. I am leaving the clutch basket as is for now, but want to keep inspecting it regularly - probably every oil change.

The clutch cover needs to come off each time of course, and Maniac need €65 for each clutch cover gasket. Fair enough, parts are hard to come by and at least they have stock, but €65 is rather excessive for a simple paper gasket. Anyone know any alternate source? Anyone have any experience of creating their own gasket from gasket material with any success?

Martin.

·
6,025 Posts
Just be careful when you remove it and use non-hardening resin gasket goo to aid the seal on replacement. You can't get a proper Tornado clutch gasket anymore AFAIK. They can only supply a TNT one, which doesn't have the bigger holes for the two shoulder bolts. (Would love to be proved wrong)

·
Registered
2004/54 Tornado 900, 2021 BMW K1600 GTLE, 2014 Yamaha R6 race bike
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As I understand the post by Alex from ManiacMotors here, they had them rebuild for Tornado by the German automotive gasket supplier ElringKlinger AG
I am not able to access the linked thread, but I asked Maniac to supply a clutch gasket recently as part of my parts order. They sent a different gasket to the Benelli part number, but it is a perfect fit - with the correct hole sizing, including the two alignment dowel bolts. Maniac's part number is R302003022000 (described as clutch cover gasket R 160 / Tornado), whereas the original Benelli part no. is R11013681A I believe.

May be useful in future for someone searching for a gasket source. My original gasket fell apart on disassembly, so re-use was not an option.

Martin.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just be careful when you remove it and use non-hardening resin gasket goo to aid the seal on replacement. You can't get a proper Tornado clutch gasket anymore AFAIK. They can only supply a TNT one, which doesn't have the bigger holes for the two shoulder bolts. (Would love to be proved wrong)
Motalia UK , they've made some of their own.The guy has 4 tornados

1 - 12 of 12 Posts