Benelli Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after looking into the carbon flow frame I 'm hopeful of making contact with ex benelli designer (tornado, TnT and Tre-K) designer Adrian Morton, who now works at MV' Agusta's CRC. Ive asked Andrea Pretzler to invite him to swing by the forum and say hello, but I may also ask him some questions via email if anyone wants to pose some :)
Its actually good to finally track him down as I tried to locate him for "Benelli International #1" but could'nt locate him.

Will keep you lot posted :clap:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Well Yeah, when is he going to do some 'consultancy' work for Benelli and come up with some more outstanding creations.

Hate to sound nasty but their new designs just don't do it for me since he stopped working for them.

·
340 Posts
This guy is my personal hero in the motorcycle design business and first question would be "What were you on when designing this bike? I would like to have some of that stuff".

Would be interesting to know why he never returned to Benelli and how the split up happened (I suppose he wasn't paid, but this is just my wild guess).

He has a lot of stories to tell but we would be to naive to believe he will ever do that.

For me Benelli is Adrian Morton and by that I think I said it all. Adrian, thank you for imagining and then bringing to life these beauties, respect.

I also wonder what the long term plan was looking like in the beginning, if any. Man, I have so many questions...

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Yes, find out if he fancies Angus's Benellifest #2 this year then we can all ask as many questions as we like and worship at his feet :rolling:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
He left half way through doing the Trek
Yeah, he left the day before they started to design the left hand frame engine mount. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Heres my pennies worth .The tornado was and still is a piece of art and i do not perceive seeing anything from benelli ( china) ever coming close as far as style and passion is concerned .All we will see is variations on there new themes and scooters . I do think they will be reliable but not desirable .

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
China and reliable.....there's two words you don't expect to hear together, they use cheaply made parts which wear out before there worn in.....sorry but China won't be making my next bike.

Regarding questions for Adrian Italian manufactures aside which bike company would he most like to work with and which model would be the first to receive his gifted touch.

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
Can he sign my Tornado?:doh:

·
Registered
5,660 Posts

I heard he'd really had enough of the guy at the factory taking pictures of his designs. This is why he left Benelli TBH. The guy was asking too many questions and he thought that maybe he was passing to MV...

Think the guys name was Phil Ming.;)

·
Banned
519 Posts

I heard he'd really had enough of the guy at the factory taking pictures of his designs. This is why he left Benelli TBH. The guy was asking too many questions and he thought that maybe he was passing to MV...

Think the guys name was Phil Ming.;)

Almost the truth Klink, the photo guy had 3 testicles and was called Wun Hung Lo......................:eek:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Craig
173 Posts
i'd ask, why are the red ones are so much faster, is it just the paint colour or were thinner paints used!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Almost the truth Klink, the photo guy had 3 testicles and was called Wun Hung Lo......................:eek:

:D :rolling:

But I reckon Robs right:bow: ...get back to Benelli and sort things out for gods sakes.:doh:
China is the next Japan. They will be if they get those islands, perhaps they're after them to put the Benelli factory on.:D

·
Banned
251 Posts
wonder if there are....

....special rates for family? I could see a MV in the garage! I could be a long lost uncle or something!!!!! Terry Morton:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts