Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mid Life Crisis
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Posting this thread on behalf of Nicko who is rather busy today and needs the bike for the weekend.

Drove past his house last night to find him struggling to fit a Meta 357 to his Tornado. The 'plug and play', plugged OK but didn't want to play. When plugged into the loom, the whole electrics (dash, idiot lights, lights etc) "chattered" and flashed on and off at a rate of about 3 times a second.

On examination of the loom at the Benelli end, there is a short black wire (antenna) and uninsulated ring terminal (presumably ground) and an insulated black female spade connector (??) coming out of the loom adjacent to the meta/gemel connector.

The female spade has continuity to pin 8 on the Benelli end connector block

Also at the Meta end there is a separate white 2 pin connector which mates to a male part in the Meta supplied loom - assuming this is for the LED but there is already a black wired / 2 way female insulated connector adjacent to the clocks which we are assuming is the Benelli provided connection,

Anyone experienced the above symptoms or know what the female spade connector is for ??

Dave H

Footnote.....

just had a look at the wiring diagram again....the full version rather than the printed/cropped one we were using last night. ..with the top missing !!

Looks like the female spade may be for the anti tamper seat switch as it is shown going to ground via a switch. Do we need to ground both terminals to get it to work. ??

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi Dave, I bought a Meta 375 to keep as a spare but when I fitted it to my Tornado to test it, it done the 'chattering' thing as well. :bawl: Tried everything to get it to work but failed in the end. I'm wondering if the later Meta Models are maybe now incompatible with the Benelli wiring loom.:confused: Be interested if you manage to get it working though.

·
Registered
113 Posts
alarm

Hi there just to let you guys know you can only plug in the original META 357T (only has one connector) The later 357t v2 (with extra white 2 pin connector) is not compatible, The ring terminal and female spade on the bikes loom is for the alarm protection switch if using official BENELLI plug in alarm, Hope this helps :) PS there is usually a few original 357t on EBAY at silly money

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks very much

Posting this thread on behalf of Nicko who is rather busy today and needs the bike for the weekend.

Drove past his house last night to find him struggling to fit a Meta 357 to his Tornado. The 'plug and play', plugged OK but didn't want to play. When plugged into the loom, the whole electrics (dash, idiot lights, lights etc) "chattered" and flashed on and off at a rate of about 3 times a second.

On examination of the loom at the Benelli end, there is a short black wire (antenna) and uninsulated ring terminal (presumably ground) and an insulated black female spade connector (??) coming out of the loom adjacent to the meta/gemel connector.

The female spade has continuity to pin 8 on the Benelli end connector block

Also at the Meta end there is a separate white 2 pin connector which mates to a male part in the Meta supplied loom - assuming this is for the LED but there is already a black wired / 2 way female insulated connector adjacent to the clocks which we are assuming is the Benelli provided connection,

Anyone experienced the above symptoms or know what the female spade connector is for ??

Dave H

Footnote.....

just had a look at the wiring diagram again....the full version rather than the printed/cropped one we were using last night. ..with the top missing !!

Looks like the female spade may be for the anti tamper seat switch as it is shown going to ground via a switch. Do we need to ground both terminals to get it to work. ??
Just a note to say I spoke to Rusty Russ today who confirmed that the 357 V2 is as plug and playable as a male elephant would be to a female mouse - Not very:ele:
It means I will nowm have to get it fitted by a pro. Ah well serves me right for trying to save money.
Big thanks to Dave for stopping as he obviously saw how much distress I was in.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi there just to let you guys know you can only plug in the original META 357T (only has one connector) The later 357t v2 (with extra white 2 pin connector) is not compatible, The ring terminal and female spade on the bikes loom is for the alarm protection switch if using official BENELLI plug in alarm, Hope this helps :) PS there is usually a few original 357t on EBAY at silly money
Nice one Andy. Many thanks for clarifying :clap:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts