Benelli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know this bike? AE06OJO

Been offered a 2006(06) Tornado 4200miles 1 owner FSH Very nice condition apart from a cracked screen on one side, small mirror scrape (on oppisite side) and some corrosion on the gold fork legs(is this common?), could I claim on the warranty?.
The bike is for sale at Taz in Peterborough, they will replace the screen but thats all. There asking £5300. What do you think, fair price or not?
I was going to buy new from Phantom or Bennetts but Taz have have offered me a decent price for my trade in and they are only half an hour away and I would save a fair bit over a new bike.
One other thing when you look at the bike head on, and look at the gaps each side of the headlight, they are not quite equal, is this normal, being hand made and all that? I did look at a new one and that was the same but not quite as bad.
Thanks for any advice you can offer, I just want to make the right decision, as this is my first time in the world of Italian bikes. Cheers guys

Fazman

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Been offered a 2006(06) Tornado 4200miles 1 owner FSH Very nice condition apart from a cracked screen on one side, small mirror scrape (on oppisite side) and some corrosion on the gold fork legs(is this common?), could I claim on the warranty?.
The bike is for sale at Taz in Peterborough, they will replace the screen but thats all. There asking £5300. What do you think, fair price or not?
I was going to buy new from Phantom or Bennetts but Taz have have offered me a decent price for my trade in and they are only half an hour away and I would save a fair bit over a new bike.
One other thing when you look at the bike head on, and look at the gaps each side of the headlight, they are not quite equal, is this normal, being hand made and all that? I did look at a new one and that was the same but not quite as bad.
Thanks for any advice you can offer, I just want to make the right decision, as this is my first time in the world of Italian bikes. Cheers guys

Fazman
Sounds a bit pricey to me Fazman, for something which is not mint and has (relatively!) high miles for the year. I paid 5k for mine from Bennets and thats an 06 with 2500 on the clock and mint apart from a couple of stone chips.

That said, depends on how good a trade in they are offering I guess. I would say you have a fair bit of bargaining power to knock them down tho, as they will sell your fazer a lot easier than the 'nelli ;)
Dont forget to make sure all the mods are done as well if you do go for it, otherwise I would walk unless they agree to do them.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Ditto everything Col (Borat) says above - it does seem pricey to say its had some sort of spill ?? !!

Make sure its had the mods done and for all your servicing needs then I wouldnt go anywhere else than Bennetts - The service Russ gives is second to none - by far !!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:doh: Thanks guys, yes your quite right, I had a bit of a heart over head moment. I will just wait until my Fazer sells and go hunting cash in hand.Cheers

Fazman

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Get a new one mate . Don't forget you still saving nearly 6 grand on the original price. Phantom' Gaz and Steve great lads,.My tornado has done over 8 thousand miles in just over a year,purrs like a cat.

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Rusty the sales man

Ever the oppertunist hey Rusty:rolling:

But you're right the price new is better that 2nd hand just think of the warranty!!

Pops

1 - 8 of 8 Posts