Benelli Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why but I quite fancy this. I've always wanted to do one and I've never got round to it. I done a bungy jump in New Zealand and jeez .... what a rush:D

Al:D

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,415 Posts
did a parachute jump when i was in the army as 'adventure training'

Absolutely crapped myself all the way down!(Literally)

Never again:doh:

did a bungee jump,didnt mind the jump, but the bouncing up and down made me throw up!(might have had sommat to do with the half a dozen lagers before hand)!!:doh: :D

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
like Fred, I did whilst in the Army. Good rush, but super scary, I reckon its one of those must do in life things, do it Al !!!!!!!!!

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmmm , just been on the Strathallan skyding website

Tandem £250 ( For a DVD of the experience add £75 = £325)
Square Static line £160
RAPS Course and 1 jump £160
RAPS course and 5 jumps - £280

Just need to figure out what the heck RAPS is;)

5 jumps for £280 bones, not bad:D

·
Registered
417 Posts
Why not go for paragliding instead? Much more to it than parachute jumping and you can do it yourself without a plane! Visit BHPA site for more info.

My feet! :D

·
Registered
885 Posts
My bruv done it and hes mental/fearless and he said it was the scariest thing he's done in his life and def wont be doing it again, but at the same time glad he did, my sis did it too be shes just mad anyway so it dont count, I wouldnt mind going in the plane and shoving folk off but thats it for me:rolling:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why not go for paragliding instead? Much more to it than parachute jumping and you can do it yourself without a plane! Visit BHPA site for more info.

My feet! :D
No way Dino:rolling: I felt ill just looking at that picture. You nutters don't have parachutes do you?

·
Registered
885 Posts
I'll have a go at that at least you know the chute is open before you fly, but I think the missus would make the nellie go to fund that one, so that'll be a no

·
Registered
512 Posts
the wife's done it but she's off her feckin head.

I'd give it a go but for my shoulder which easily dislocates when it's raised above my head...probably make for a very painful jump!

That's my excuse and Im sticking to it.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
i've done a couple Al after a friend introduced me to it, just static lines at flookborough airfield back in the eighties and it was brilliant, funny thing was on the perimiter of the airfield british gas had large gas pipes waiting to be buried and one guy landed on them breaking his leg :doh: , it was a chuckle to see them trying to get him down off the pipes !!. think it didnt put him or anyone else off and i wished i'd done enough to do free fall but didnt fancy packing my own chute .

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hmmmm , just been on the Strathallan skyding website

Tandem £250 ( For a DVD of the experience add £75 = £325)
Square Static line £160
RAPS Course and 1 jump £160
RAPS course and 5 jumps - £280

Just need to figure out what the heck RAPS is;)

5 jumps for £280 bones, not bad:D

RAPS is a training system whereby you do a series of static line jumps followed by gradually increasing periods of freefall. If money is tight and you want to get into the sport long term this can be the way to go, but far quicker and more fun to get qualified is by doing an AFF course. This starts you straight away with freefall jumps, initially with 2 instructors, then 1 and then after 8 jumps you're basically qualified (subject to completing 10 solo consolidation jumps before you can jump with other people). This is what I did, and now have around 300 jumps under my belt. Brilliant fun, and I highly recommend it.

If on the other hand it's just a one off experience you want you can either do a tandem or level 1 AFF only (about £50-100 more for the AFF due to the extended ground school, but you're actually in control rather than just a 'pillion').

I highly recommend http://www.bpslangar.co.uk but they may not be too close to you as they're near Nottingham. Either way, check out the website as there's lots of info on your various options.

Hope some of this helps.

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right .... I'm gonna do this:rolling:

I've heard that there's a weight limit though and I don't fancy losing weight to jump out of a plane:D

Al;)

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Never done Parachuting Al, but I have been up in an Air Ballon which was Facking Kool ! You don't realise how high they go until you've been on one and if you go somewhere local like we did you can recorgnize the roads !

Did you know the only thing you usally hear (other than the blast from the gas fire blower !) up in an Air Ballon is a dog barking ! how weird is that !

It is Awesome though !

:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
47 Posts
Right .... I'm gonna do this:rolling:

I've heard that there's a weight limit though and I don't fancy losing weight to jump out of a plane:D

Al;)
Around 15 or 16 stone depending on drop zone for tandem, not sure about AFF or RAPS, but would imagine it's similar just for consistency. There's a total load limit on the canopy and lines, so in theory a smaller instructor could take someone higher than the normal limit, but generally they're not keen on this as it reduces their control in freefall if someone much bigger than them freaks out!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yep, did it about 10 years back from about 11,000 feet.

I remember it being really odd when I saw the first couple jump out of the plane and thinking, you just dont do that!!

I also remember when the chute was pulled and there was no noise, wind, nothing. We drifted through the cloud and then exited into clear blue sky.

I also remember that the cloud was dry. I know that sounds odd, but I remember thinking that it would be like fog, but wasnt, it was dry. And when you think about it, you rarely touch clouds.

Damn scary though and when we jumped (it was a tandem), I felt like it was consented suicide!

Two words....do it!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Like Angus, I did 2 jumps in 1986. Flew out from Biggin Hill airport on a small Islander(?). You sit in a side doorway with your feet dangling out :) They were both done with round 'chutes and a static line.
The first jump is the biggest rush I've ever had!! (self-confessed adrenalin junkie) :ele:
I went back a few times without jumping due to weather conditions, eventually got the 2nd jump to find the rush was gone. Had some excitement as chute was slow to open fully :rolling:
I was put off by needing 60(?) round chute jumps before you could progress to the rectangular chute.

p.s. don't opt for the tandem jump ...tarts only ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
parachute

Did a tandem in 2002. 10,000 ft-first half skydive. Fantastic fun. Great rush. I was buzzing my tits off for a week after.
Have often thought about training for it-one day!!
My advice-do it!

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The more I look at paragliding the more I like it:clap: Just watched a few youtube videos and it looks fantastic:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts