Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:)

I am still waiting for my 1130 Tornado so I went out and got me one of them. Ahhh nearly looped it in my office parking lot!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Roland - why do you tease us guys so much !!! :p

Looks like fun tho :ele:

Is it me - or does anyone think that your cat avatar looks like Yoda from StarWars !! ????:confused:

·
Registered
123 Posts
As for the title of this thread, yup, I've taken one (the S model) for a spin.
Yes, I liked it a lot. Yes, I'd love to have one, but not as the only bike.
Tons of phun, agile, light and you'll start growing horns in your forehead. Impossible to ride nicely in the traffic. Probably one of the few bikes that are fun to ride even in heavy (car) traffic.

Then again, there will be others soon. Aprilia is to launch their version based on the new 90 degree V-twin engine (750 or 1200cc displacement) based on the Shiver tech, and there will be a one by Benelli, too, pretty soon. Nevertheless, the Ducati air cooled 1100cc twin engine powered Hypermotard is a nice toy indeed.

·
903 Posts
:hiya: Roland

I am suprised you didn't by a Tre-K as the Ducati and the Benelli are very similar. I have ridden a Tre-K and they are great. Nice comfortable riding position and loads of torque and build quality seems much better, might end up getting myself one when my compensation comes!

Hope you enjoy the Duke!

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
I just love the styling of the Duke!

I also love the Duo, however don't think I could trust the reliability/warranty of Benelli anymore.

Andy...... getting more and more fraught with warranty issues by the day!:mad:

·
Administrator
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right about riding in traffic. That bike is a point and shoot machine. Almost never have to use the brake if you know how to ride the thing. The mirrors and turnsignals are nice but totally useless. I already broke one. Don't ask! :doh:

They're off now and CRG barends have replaced them. Race cams and exhausts next. :)

TREK? I have not even been close to or heard one yet except at Intermot last year.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The only thing I didn't like about the Hypermotard was the tiny dash. The 'rev counter' is pretty useless, more or less unreadable while riding.

As for the Hypermotard compared to the TreK, there's a big difference. The Trek, and certainly the Multistrada, make a poor Hypermotard substitute. They're both very nice bikes on their own, but quite different. Different enough to look for the other hypermotard models as well. Not that I don't find the TreK quite appealing, too. I've taken both TreK and the Hyper for a spin and liked them both, but for different reasons. As the only bike and an everyday bike, I think I'd choose the TreK. Then, budget permitting, I'd choose the Hyper as a freetime toy to fool around in town.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts