Benelli Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been covered a goof deal but would appreciate definitive advice on exhausts for a std tornado 900.

I like the stumpy gp style look and it seems some of the Yam R6 cans have been fitted, BUT DO ANY FIT WITHOUT ALTERATION?

i would love one of the gp cans illustrated on here but funds just dont allow and looking at a cheaper option, presumably via ebay. There are 06 model R6 cans from Mircon and scorpion, plus the laser extreme (which i really like)

Any advice most welcome

·
Registered
319 Posts
Ian, you are taking the words out of my mouth. Until now, the Remus can offered by Bennetts and the GP-can in ebay are the only ones that you can fit without any change.

One bought the Laser xtreme and said that it will fit without change. Another bought it and posted that it does NOT fit.

I am checking more info about the YamR6 cans, but the only Info I have is, that the output-diameter from the header is 45mm, while my benelli Tornado has a diameter of 50mm. Hard for me to believe that it should fit. But maybe it depends on the modelyear of the Yam?

Also some aftermarket cans created for the Triumph Speed triple and Tiger are told to fit. But can not confirm.

Even I have an exhaust maker close to my place who is able to make it fit, I wish to get more info about this topic. It was started here several times (also by me), but resulted to nothing. Just a nice sample of pics. Start searching for "stubby can" in this forum.

It would be nice to collect hard facts about what to do to fit some certain cans.

Right now, I sent an email to Alex from Maniac motors in germany. I am told that he offers some aftermarket cans and make the road-legal. Maybe not an option for most of you, but for me.

Regards
Dirk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Well if you accept that a stubby can is not going to reach the rear footpeg hangers a new mounting option is always going to be needed. The remus i have has a neat enough bracket made up that hides behind the exhaust and connects to the rearsets, and only needs a 4 inch connector pipe to be a perfect fit.

·
3,085 Posts
my R6 laser extreme

the rs header is 48mm ID and 50 mm OD, the laser is 44mm ID and 46mm OD, so you need a adapter made up, this tells me that 06+ R6 header runs piping that is 44mm OD as the extreme slips over the R6 header. so I dont see how the can from Rusty (Remus) slips straight on to a tornado header?

I thought Rusty remus came with adapter and bracket?:confused:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Thats right - The Remus Powercone exhausts that Rusty Russ supplies do come with a black powder coated bracket and a link pipe for a 'sweet fit'

·
Registered
319 Posts
the rs header is 48mm ID and 50 mm OD, the laser is 44mm ID and 46mm OD, so you need a adapter made up, this tells me that 06+ R6 header runs piping that is 44mm OD as the extreme slips over the R6 header. so I dont see how the can from Rusty (Remus) slips straight on to a tornado header?

I thought Rusty remus came with adapter and bracket?:confused:
The Remus exhaust is just a can, which is usable for different motorcycles. As far as I know, it is in the uselist for R6 as well as for Triumph Tiger ans Speedy. Obviously, the diameter is big enough to "satisfy all needs":rolling:

What I want to avoid is, to get a can with a smaller diameter than 48/50mm. A smaller diameter would result in a link pipe that is causing a restriction.

I have some ideas about cans to fit for my RS, but I can´t afford to order 5 different cans to find one that matches. Rusty´s set is obviously the only one that is really made to fit. Unfortunately, the price of 366GBP will be added by some unreasonable shipping cost to germany. I know that this doesn´t bother you UK guys:D So, I am looking for another option. As I said: I sent an email to Alex. Let´s see what he offers.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thanks guys.
Looks as if whatever i buy will require some work to make fit (appreciate it wont use the pillion peg mount)

I know someone who should be able to make up a link pipe so will probably just go for a can that i look the look of (and is cheap!) and take it from there.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Whilst i really like the look of the Moto GP can, as stated earlier, funds just wont stretch to one at the moment.........three teenage daughters and a missus whose sole hobby is shopping can be something of a drain on resources....

the again i did tell her that i wanted to replace my old Daytona with the Benelli cos it was newer, so far more reliable and therefore cheaper to run...ahem!...............good job she has sod all interest in bikes and hence appears to believe all this guff!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I fitted a laser gp extreme can to my Tre(2007 r6), it fit perfectly! The only thing i have trouble with is it is LOUD! :D

I haven't had the bottle yet to take it on a long ride:eek:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Funds may not have to be too much to buy my one off GP can as i'm going to try and help develop the underbelly exhaust i spoke about earlier in the year.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
angledangle, pm sent.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts