Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you ask me this Aprilia has more than a mere resemblance to our beloved Nelli's. They say emulation is the ultimate form of flattery. Was Benelli on to something far more advanced than their years?

Copycats!!!!

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Disagree

only slight resemblance their Johnny. You need to stop the JD when viewing new bikes.:rolling:
Sure it has a fairing, frame and 2 wheels.
But take a side look.
Frame is more consistent with other Aprillia's. Seat is nice looking, Gas tank is iffy in this view. Fairing is nice , Swing arm is Ok. The pipes look good. Do not seem as ugly and bulky as the current twins. (one of my dislikes about the Twins)
it is closer to the Jap bikes.
Not bad though.
I think it is going to be a winner for Aprillia, (market wise) as long as they do not over price it. SBK is a different story, with such top competition it will be difficult. Though they have been in the racing game (and winning championships) for a while now.
The next in line for a SBK bike hopefully will be Benelli
My opinion
Paul

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
I've had a deposit on one of these with my local Aprilia dealership for a year now, ever since I heard the rumor that they were going to come out with a V4. It would be nice to have a V4 in the stable, something completely different from the other bikes I have. It's definitely not nearly the looker that the Tre is, but variety is the spice of life, right? :clap:

·
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
descriptive

Guess I should have been more descriptive. Aprilia engineers were working on the Tornado way back when. They are still at Aprilia. If you look at the front of the fairing it is unmistakably Tornado. Especially the air inlet area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts