Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from the Bikepoint website
"Huge savings on TNT 1130s
Tuesday, 7 April 2009
Benelli's new suitor in Australia, Motorsport Importers, has announced an aggressive pricing structure on its four TNT 1130 triples - the Sport Evo, Café Racer, Tre-K and Tre-K Amazonas.

The new pricing is as follows:
TNT 1130 Sport Evo - now $21,990, was $26,990
TNT 1130 Café Racer - now $19,990, was $25,990
TNT 1130 Tre-K - now $17,990, was $22,990
TNT 1130 Tre-K Amazonas - now $19,490, was $23,990

At the moment, the four TNT 1130s will be the only Benelli motorcycles sold in Australia, on top of three 50cc scooters -- the Pepe, Velvet and 49X.

The Tre-K and Amazonas were first unveiled at the Cologne Motorcycle Show in 2006, and finally went on sale in Australia last April.

They produce 125hp and 112Nm of torque via a six-speed extractable gearbox. There are also Brembo brakes and fully adjustable Marzocchi forks, with the Amazonas sporting wire-spoked wheels.

They were initially priced at $19,990 (Tre-K) and $20,990 (Amazonas) respectively, but they didn't get much of a chance to gain a foothold locally before the then Australian Benelli importer, Stoney Creek Power Sports (SCPS), collapsed.

Motorsport Importers is the new Australian distributor for Benelli, with former SCPS director, Paul Nobbs, its sales manager.

"Motorsport Importers is very excited about the new price structure which gives Benelli an incredible competitive advantage in the Australian market," said Nobbs. "I am excited that an ever increasing number of consumers will be able to afford the unique riding experience of this iconic Italian brand."

Bad news for sellers, good news for buyers :)

·
Registered
403 Posts
bad news

paul nobbes manager, yeah not good. Thought they were going to get things happening after mid years, once the ADR was all sorted out, expectant to be 3-6 months.
Bad news for sellers, good for buyers, the buyers will pay the price because they are fanatics.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
I met Paul at the Benelli open weekend at Misano a couple of years back and he seemed like a nice enough guy to me.

·
Registered
403 Posts
maybee so....

I met Paul at the Benelli open weekend at Misano a couple of years back and he seemed like a nice enough guy to me.
tactics of replacing clutches with another used clutch under warranty did not impress me, that style of operating should be weeded right out, And I suspect he had full knowledge. :doh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts