Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the AMCN article, and lot of other talk, does anybody have confirmation from a distributor of SCPS as to what is going on. My concern is waranty issues, and when these things strip a gear as has been known to happen, who will be there to pick up the bill with bikes under waranty.
CAn anybdy shed some truthful light on what we are all going to do with some of these expensive italian toasters.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
I've heard from a reliable source that there will be no rescue for Stoney Creek, they're finished.
Sorry to hear that Mike.........I guess you could say they must now be..........wait for it.......... 'up the creek without a paddle' :rolling:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Warranty Work

This sounds like bad news for me. Getting warranty work done on the cr as we speak, looks like i will have to fork out more cash. Just hope i can be reinbursed later. Hey insigma do you have those after market reusable oil filters, and billet brake fluid reservoirs on ya bike if you do, did you get them in australia where can i get them from and is there a better after market clutch available one that might help selecting neutral any help appreciated cheers Billy

·
5,934 Posts
Hey insigma do you have those after market reusable oil filters, and billet brake fluid reservoirs on ya bike if you do, did you get them in australia where can i get them from and is there a better after market clutch available one that might help selecting neutral any help appreciated cheers Billy
Hey Billy, I assume you're asking me?
Oil filter came from Scotts Performance in the States.
Billet brake fluid reservoirs come via Laurence. I haven't bought any for Nell (yet).
Neutral is always going to be difficult to find because of the way the dogs are undercut - to stop them from throwing out. All you can do is reduce the idle revs, to reduce the drag, and increase the clutch throw - a little - again, to reduce the drag.

By the way, I aim to come over to SA in January. If you're about, I'll drop in and say g'day. PM me with your address & contact number if you're available.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Your comming to Adelaide

Hi Errol would love to catch up with you in Adelaide, i work in the oil fields 2 on 2 off hope your comming when im home. Do you have any where to stay if not i have a big house all to my self and you are more than welcome to stay at my place. Would love to introduce you to my two new girls if their both at home ie back from repairs Let me know when you are comming and i will see if i am home. It would seem to me that you would have to be the Aussie helpfull version of Lawrence. Whats your email address i will give you my address and Phone numbers Cheers Billy

·
3,085 Posts
Weird

I ranf Paladin partners, the administrators and they told me that they are open to offers being made on bikes, warehouse stock etc and to call SCPS and make a offer, so I ring SCPS and got a stern sounding lady on the ph telling me to see a dealer!, considering they are in voluntary recievership i thought they would be open to ffers on bikes, apparently not so? Good news was though that apparently 5 or so groups are making offers to buy the operation outright or some of the maques, hopefully some news will be announced in the next few weeks :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wierd all Right

For the prices they charge for parts and considering their going through the hoop so to speak, you'd think they would sell parts so as to get money in the till:confused: . Why are parts so hard to get in Aussie??? mmm i wonder if that helpfull and friendly Bennets Mob in the UK all the other guys swear buy would mail parts to Aussie might be quicker,easier and maybe not much more expensive. I rang Adelaide Ducati today i had to book 3 weeks in advance before they could look so i waited unpatiently:( then gave them the CR which they have now had for over a week and was told they havent even looked at it????:bawl: :bawl: now there's great service for ya(not):mad: :mad: i'm wondering who else in little old Adelaide might be able to work on my girls any ideas fellas. I'm at work at the moment but will be back home on tues now if that bike aint fixed when i get back im gonna be really Pissed Off:mad: :mad: . Mean while i,m trying to keep a smile on my dial:D :D

·
5,934 Posts
Why are parts so hard to get in Aussie?
If SCPS didn't have the part in stock, they would place it on the order list, which they submitted to the factory once a month. Then the shipment was sent by sea. So at best, there was a 3 month wait, 4 if you just missed the order date, longer, if the factory had no stock.

Worse still, finding out when your parts would finally arrive was an exercise in utter frustration. I've never had an answer that could be relied upon.

I've found, when you need to go genuine, if it isn't ex-stock SCPS, the best way to get parts is from Maniac, Brabant, or Bennets. The shipping cost from Europe is not that bad, and you usually get it inside a month.

Lets hope the next Aussie importer comes up with a better parts delivery system.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Parts from Europe

If SCPS didn't have the part in stock, they would place it on the order list, which they submitted to the factory once a month. Then the shipment was sent by sea. So at best, there was a 3 month wait, 4 if you just missed the order date, longer, if the factory had no stock.

Worse still, finding out when your parts would finally arrive was an exercise in utter frustration. I've never had an answer that could be relied upon.

I've found, when you need to go genuine, if it isn't ex-stock SCPS, the best way to get parts is from Maniac, Brabant, or Bennets. The shipping cost from Europe is not that bad, and you usually get it inside a month.

Lets hope the next Aussie importer comes up with a better parts delivery system.
So Errol if i want to order parts from Bennetts can i do it on line or do i have to ring and order. Or can it be done through some one from this forum. I have just found your web page and the instructions for changing the timing chain. A lot more cleare than the work shop manuals. Absolutly brilliant and looks like a job i can tackle myself. Thanks for putting in the effort. In fact that is a brilliant page, so much info on the mods to be done i will be checking to see what hasn't been done and doing them. Thanks again errol

·
5,934 Posts
So Errol if i want to order parts from Bennetts can i do it on line or do i have to ring and order. Or can it be done through some one from this forum.
Russ from Bennetts, and the guys from Maniac & Brabant are all members here, but I'll give you their contact details anyway. Email works well for inquiries and PayPal payment.

[email protected] (Katrin)
[email protected] (Joris)
[email protected] (Russ)

You could contact me If you like. errolDOTkowaldATieeeDOTorg
I've got to place an order for rings & gaskets shortly, and Deke needs some stuff as well. We could save on the shipping.
Only issue is keeping the total cost (inc. shipping) below AUD 1000, or 5% duty & GST will be added by customs.

·
442 Posts
Hey Errol maniac have all my parts at the store now so it should'nt be
long now for your cables.
How's it going up there.i'm flat out at work now and not much time for riding:bawl:
i'll give ya a call when i've got it.

·
5,934 Posts
i was gonna order the drive rubbers and "Z" gear abd shaft etc pretty soon, wanna do a group order?
The drive rubbers are exactly the same as in the Triumph 955, so, if you're in a hurry, you could get them from your local Triumph dealer.

I'll send you and Steve an email, and see if we can combine a shipment.

·
Registered
156 Posts
group purchase parts

The drive rubbers are exactly the same as in the Triumph 955, so, if you're in a hurry, you could get them from your local Triumph dealer.

I'll send you and Steve an email, and see if we can combine a shipment.
hey errol can i get some parts as well, im doing timing chain so i need chain, tensioners, rockercover gasket. youve done this job before so any thing i need that you can think of. also need 2 air filters those good ones if this is not to much ie making order to big let me know how much will pay you before you order bank transfer or how ever you like. Cheers PS when ya coming to Adelaide can you give me some dates so i can see if im home once again cheers

·
5,934 Posts
hey errol can i get some parts as well, im doing timing chain so i need chain, tensioners, rockercover gasket. youve done this job before so any thing i need that you can think of. also need 2 air filters those good ones if this is not to much ie making order to big let me know how much will pay you before you order bank transfer or how ever you like. Cheers PS when ya coming to Adelaide can you give me some dates so i can see if im home once again cheers
I'll add a chain & the moving guide to the list I've got going. The gasket can be re-used - just be a little careful taking the cover off, as the gasket tends to stay with the cover every where, except at the half moon on the rhs. Be extra careful with the clutch cover gasket. It too can be re-used, but is more easily damaged.

The air filters aren't genuine. DNA P/N: P-BE11N07-01. Get them from the US, or the local agent in Qld. See the DNA website for distributers.

Not sure yet when I'm coming to Adelaide. I don't have any wheels yet - 2 or 4 :mad: I'll let you know when I know.

·
3,085 Posts
cool

I nabbed a handful of those HT bolts for the alternator drive errol, just after the gear, drive shaft, rubbers and dome washer thingo, just email me and I'll direct deposit the funds to you. off at safety training all day today, so if you send me a meail I'll check it later tonight. :).

PS if anyone in OZ needs a ht bolt just let me, I grabbed about 6 !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts