Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NIP received from Derbyshire plod from the journey up to Goose's do last week. 70 in a 50 on the A515. I dont recall seeing any vans but I know they are sneaky up there so can only guess it must have been unmarked. Wouldnt be too bothered as I am clean at the mo, except that I am waiting for another one from when I had the Alfa recently as I know I definitely went through a camera van trap too quick :( Might have to talk the wife into taking one for the team on that one. Bloody typical aint it I have gone 6 yrs without a problem and now looks like 2 in a row.

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
I've just got one myself for doing 36 in a 30 zone!
I thought I'd got away with it as they only have 14 days from the day of the offence to serve you with the notice or it's void but I got mine after 13 days :mad:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You might get a speed awareness course for that. I rang the number on my NIP to find out if I would get a fixed penalty and she got my hopes up saying I might get away with a course but then checked the guidelines and I am over the threshold so its a fixed penalty. Least its not court which was what I was worried about.

This link will tell you what the policy on speed awareness courses is in your area.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No thanks... would rather take the botty spanking :spank: than risk my license being revoked, which I have heard can happen.. there are plenty of stories around about how to dodge, but I cant be arsed to be honest!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
NIP received from Derbyshire plod from the journey up to Goose's do last week. 70 in a 50 on the A515. I dont recall seeing any vans but I know they are sneaky up there so can only guess it must have been unmarked. Wouldnt be too bothered as I am clean at the mo, except that I am waiting for another one from when I had the Alfa recently as I know I definitely went through a camera van trap too quick :( Might have to talk the wife into taking one for the team on that one. Bloody typical aint it I have gone 6 yrs without a problem and now looks like 2 in a row.
Sorry to hear. I'm in the same boat, waiting to see if I get one from Sunday's run home :( ....and I've gone 35 years without a point.

As the Alfa wasn't yours, the NIP will go to the dealer(?), the 14 days is to NIP the dealer, who will name a driver.
Was the Alfa at a low xs speed? Worth thinking about is if you deal with the bike/high speed one first, i.e. cop the points. Then that conviction could negate a possible course for the other. You could try juggle them, i.e. delay coughing bike, to deal with the Alfa 1st if that turns up in next week or 2.
Just my twopenneth for what it's worth.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi fella sorry to hear you've had an N.I.P but if it were me in the first instance I'd asked for the photographic evidence,secondly how can they prove that you were riding the motorcycle at the time of incident? for all they know you may have lent that bike to a third party for a test ride for example,They may say they cannot produce the photographic evidence because you were caught speeding using a hand held radar gun in this case I think I read somewhere that they cannot be used against motorcyclist as they are highly inaccurate.
I'm just throwing things into the melting pot here and at the end of the day you may just want to take the points and fine and what ever else they may throw at you that's up to you.

All the best Kenny.

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
ooooops:doh: i kinda got up to 140 on there last night:eek: when i went out for a blast with my mates i just hope all the plod were in the town centres watching all the p:D ss head football fans watching the enngland match

·
Registered
61 Posts
A Friend Of Mine Had An NIP Last Month For Doing 130 in a 50:bawl:

He Has Since Sold My Wife His Mille For Me And Getting A Good Solicitor;)

Definate Loss Of Liscence and Maybe More:mad:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
A Friend Of Mine Had An NIP Last Month For Doing 130 in a 50:bawl:

He Has Since Sold My Wife His Mille For Me And Getting A Good Solicitor;)

Definate Loss Of Liscence and Maybe More:mad:
A mate of mine is in the traffic division and when I told him about he said that it could end up as a prison sentence. He may be made an example of as a deterent to other road users. If I was your mate, I would be very very worried about this.

Al

·
Registered
61 Posts
A mate of mine is in the traffic division and when I told him about he said that it could end up as a prison sentence. He may be made an example of as a deterent to other road users. If I was your mate, I would be very very worried about this.

Al
Wouldn't surprise me either

Doesn't help the fact that we are in North Wales

( Brunstrums old stomping ground)

·
Fyule
697 Posts
That really does not sound good. But can I state the bloody obvious here...was a bit quick for a 50 zone wasn't it. Fair enough, I can sympathise with poor Col getting an NIP for a wee bitty heavy with the throttle, we have all done it and been lucky not to be caught, but this guy must have been absolutley pinned.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
B*gger again

Another one bites the dust :bawl:
Fortunately mine is for 37 in the 30 ....could've been much worse :eek:

A warning for others is that this camera was on a junction on A6 in Stockport near turn off for M60. Junction cameras normally only trigger on breach of red light, but this was a 'new breed' which also has xs speed capability. Saw the camera in plenty time, but looking for turn off + didn't see lines on road till too late :( now if I'd howled the front tyre.... :rolling:

Oddly my NIP arrived in normal post i.e. not 'signed for'. Sadly it is *not* an out for the 14 day period, cos:
"A notice sent by post must be dispatched so that it would reach the driver within the 14 days within the ordinary course of the post. If this is the case then it will have been deemed to have been served even if it is delivered outside the 14 day period."

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did that come from greater manchester police force Bob? If so you will be ok.. the linky on the other page suggests they allow 10% plus 6mph to qualify for a course. Lucky bugger :D

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Yes it is Greater Manchester. Looking like £60 for a course, hassle is a return trip to do it :(
Speed Awareness, I'm very aware of my speed, and 37mph at 06.12 on a Sunday morning - Grrr

On another note, from there to L'pool took me 31mins (Google = 57min). Pray no more nips :rolling:

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Speedo man

This is the bloody trouble with sports bikes. ;)
Could do with a light on the speedo or somewhere like that, they had them in Japan and the states years ago.;)
I bort an import and that had a light you could set!
I know we should use the speedo but those high numbers can soon climb on your fav black top.

Perhaps if we had something bright like an LED, some one could make for our Nelli's, just an idea??:)

Any thoughts chaps???:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
After hearing of Bobs and in particular Colins predicament i thought because of the unfair use of Derbyshire's "van" i would try to see if as a joint concern could its use be outlawed so tonight i went for a soak in "The Outside Tub " and contemplate this very subject and the thought was that with the correct amount of public outcry there is no reason why this ridiculous vehicle could not be forced off the road . I'm going to make a suggestion through MCN and other sites that this vehicle is operating improperly and a petition be started for its ban . heres hoping ....:rolleyes:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I doubt very much Goose that your concerns over the means that police forces use to catch speeders would fall on a single listening ear within those that have the powers to change the law. It's a law and as such we have to abide by that. We speed because we get a thrill from it, yet we know it's illegal but we still do it. We are in charge of our actions and as such that leaves us nowhere to turn when we get caught breaking the law. We have no-one to blame but ourselves. It does not detract from the one single fact which is undeniable, and that is that people got caught speeding. They broke the law. You can't argue with that.
If we asked the police to provide plenty of notice on where their vehicles are stationed so that we could slow down from over 100+mph to a speed that kept us inside the law, and then blast off at breakneck speed when we thought the coast was clear would seem plain daft. Is that not really what we are asking them to do by saying that their tactics for catching us is 'not fair'
Don't get me wrong though, I don't like to hear of anyone getting caught speeding and getting a NIP through the post, but we're all big boys and we know that if we get caught there is a price to pay.
It is only through sheer luck that I've managed to keep my license nice and clean (so far) and I know that some of the speeds I've seen myself doing on some of the roads would have me hauled up in front of a judge and plonked in a cell for 18 months whilst some 22 stone baldy fella rams his pork sword up my farter :rolling:

Al;)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I doubt very much Goose that your concerns over the means that police forces use to catch speeders would fall on a single listening ear within those that have the powers to change the law. It's a law and as such we have to abide by that. We speed because we get a thrill from it, yet we know it's illegal but we still do it. We are in charge of our actions and as such that leaves us nowhere to turn when we get caught breaking the law. We have no-one to blame but ourselves. It does not detract from the one single fact which is undeniable, and that is that people got caught speeding. They broke the law. You can't argue with that.
If we asked the police to provide plenty of notice on where their vehicles are stationed so that we could slow down from over 100+mph to a speed that kept us inside the law, and then blast off at breakneck speed when we thought the coast was clear would seem plain daft. Is that not really what we are asking them to do by saying that their tactics for catching us is 'not fair'
Don't get me wrong though, I don't like to hear of anyone getting caught speeding and getting a NIP through the post, but we're all big boys and we know that if we get caught there is a price to pay.
It is only through sheer luck that I've managed to keep my license nice and clean (so far) and I know that some of the speeds I've seen myself doing on some of the roads would have me hauled up in front of a judge and plonked in a cell for 18 months whilst some 22 stone baldy fella rams his pork sword up my farter :rolling:

Al;)
Think yourself lucky u live in Scotland big man! Definitely the place to be for biking these days the feckers have ruined 90% of the decent biking roads in England with 50 limits now, which gives them carte blanche to get away with this trickery. You are totally right, but doesnt stop me from wanting to find the van and do something really naughty like writing "clean me" in the dirt on the back doors :rolling:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts