Benelli Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had stripped the clutch out of the bike after my recent lock up and stall due to a dragging clutch causing me to slide 50m up the road with the back locked and the tail out :eek: , found an 07 clutch fitted to the bike :clap: and that when the recall had been done that one of the washers was fitted in the wrong place:mad: so assembled the clutch correctly and filled her up with motul 300v and put a 15 tooth sprocket on the front.
i checked the weather and as a dry day forecast for the whole day today so decided to take the tre for a test run and what a difference the clutch was far quieter and smoother than before:D the washer in the correct position and the motul oil seemed to iron out the jerky snatchy feel that my clutch used to have and had me thinking that as well as the dealer fitting the clutch wrong that they had put the wrong grade of oil in as well.
the gearing change was a delight made the bike more responsive and made a massive difference in around town and side streets were the bike used to be always in 1st feeling over geared and likely to stall , now it pulls cleanly in 2nd instead of 1st and feels a lot more livelier going up the gears.:jig:

thanks to colin and errol for their help and advice about my clutch:clap:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers rob my dads a mechanic and he has passed a bit of his knowledge onto me and he also gave me a hand sortin it out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts