Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got back from germany sunday after doing 1000 miles over 2 days the cable connected to the powervalve snapped, spoke to reddog about a replacement they informed me that tvr have pulled out of the purchase of Benelli and there is a possible japanese company intrested i asked about spares and warranty and was told "there isn't any" although they are trying to help as much as possible. What next?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
vtxbrit

That is bad news, however it's only a cable. You're handy with a spanner, in the short term, can't you fabricate one from something else like a throttle cable ?

I spoke to On Yer Bike yesterday and they have confirmed a blown head gasket. Parts are ordered but they have no idea when or if they are going to receive them. Still in the process of getting a refund from my dealer, once I have the money I'm going to run away very, very quickly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paul yes I can make the cable, but my worry is even if I can afford to buy & fit any other bits that break the bits are not there to buy. So if the engine lets go my bike is finished unless I have components hand machined, I have just clocked up 7000miles on my TNT the engine sounds very “rattely” (although it has from day one) going to have a good think today.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've done it - sorry!

I've got my money back. I cannot wait for the bloody thing to be fixed so I'm now looking for another bike which actually works.

Sad thing is when it was working it was brilliant but I think it was too underdeveloped for general consumption and just not good enough; the way we've been treated by Benelli is shocking and I'll never buy another.

I wish you all the best of luck with your bikes.

Cheers. Paul.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: I've done it - sorry!

Paul, sorry to hear youve left the fold but keep in touch, i would like to know what bike you end up getting and also what you put in your letter to get your money back so quickly without a fight.
best of luck simon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Paul been nice talking to you via the board, I would be interested to know how you worded your letter as after a long week of consideration I am also going to send a letter as I have 2 major issues on the tnt.
[email protected]
vtxbrit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

No worries guys, I'll still keep an eye on the forum to see how you get on.

I didn't waste any time - I've just put a deposit on the 2006 Aprilia Tuono in red. £7600 and it looks like it will be a belter; basically it's an 05 RSV Mille with flat bars and a bikini fairing so it should handle and go as well as anything currently available. Should get one of the first ones in the country in about 3 weeks.:D

I'll send a copy of the letter to the email address supplied, perhaps you can forward it to Hector?

Cheers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Refunds

Hi all, just picked up on this thread and saw Paul has actually got a refund. Is this the general consensus over the TNT. I've had the restart problem fixed but the bike is still prone to cutting out at idle, even with the very latest fuel map.
DMA is run by a friend of mine, so I'm loath to kick up a stink, but I have parted with over 8K for a bike that isn't reliable.
I would also be interest in the letter that Paul sent to his dealership, did you take out finance on the bike and was this compensated for ?

CSM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts