Benelli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just feel like sh1t this morning, been looking forward to BSB at Donington all week, did al the right things with er' in doors saturday to be let loose Sunday. Met with son on Sunday morning for a ride down, all fine and well till i hit some cow sh1t on a left hander. Down i go with by beloved TRE sliding in front of. Jump up dazed and confused but managed to bend back the gear shift and carried on down to the races. On arrival noticed that left foot was covered in oil yes you guessed, holed the cover. But a big shout out the the AA men at that meeting who bodged up the hole with instant metal that got me home 50 miles or so. Then to top it all it snowed like a good un nearly all the way home.
Any how hope to have it back on the road within a week to have some fun again, but not on the A61 at Alferaton again.

PS also let my rucksack with jeans and trainers with the nice man from the AA in my hurry to get home!! and can they hell as like trace who's got them, Hay Ho

Must go now my arm's giving me merry hell!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Unlucky Steve, I hope that I am never put in that situation again...especially with this bike!

Hope you are back up on the rubber side soon!

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a b!tch steve - hope you get it sorted soon. Give your arm some physio-therapy buy exercising it down the pub!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hope you get fixed soon aswell as the tre, i know wot your going through as mine fell of the stand recently, not as bad as yours but hurts all the same....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bike and Rider

Just glad your okay mate. Even a small off can have dire consequences. Anything on the bike can be repaired. Here is to your speedy recovery and to your Tre's speedy recovery right behind yours!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Bike and Rider

Steve, you've proved the old adage - "any landing you can walk away from is a good one". Fortunately all you hurt was your pride (and joy?). A left hander could have had you dodging on-coming traffic, and believe me, that's no fun.

ps. - it's always best not to ride faster than your angel can fly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks for the support guys much appriciated. I'll keep you informed as to the progress of the bike and if i can fiquire out how i'll put a couple of pictures of the sorry beast up on the forum

Cheers fellow TREers (well thats what we must be!)

Steve:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I was sure I had already replied to this thread mate but I realised I hadn't:\ I'm glad you're okay, though I bet you must feel like one of the worlds unluckiest men at the moment. How will it stand with your insurance claim? Let's hope you mend soon mate;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

sorry about your off Mate, had one myself recently>: if you need spares try KJM, Brian is the man there. he's been very helpful in getting the parts i needed quickly 01257485222 all the best

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about your get-off. Look at the
bright side, you can still get around, unlike me! Hope the
bike is not too bad and you can locate the offending cow
and shoot him/her in the ass :))
best wishes to you -
mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts