Benelli Forum banner

Bar end mirrors

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Laurencewhite 
#1 ·
After todays run I think some improvement to the mirror situation is a priority!
I have been searching the net and found various offering from the likes of Oberon engineering and Rizoma - made out of solid aluminium and generally looking the part. Has anyone tried any of these or can perhaps recommend anything else?

Bike is coming up for its' first service and apart from this niggle I just love it. :D . Mike

#4 · (Edited)
If I was going to fit bar-end mirrors, I think that I would remove the originals and see if I could get some neat mirror hole caps to cover the original fitting holes.

I really like the Rizoma stuff. It always has a clean, almost 'clinical' look to it, but I guess that's down to the cool Italian styling :bow:

#5 ·
Laurence,

These look like the items I reckoned would do the trick - have you a cost?
I am off to Holland tomorrow for the week so I'll email you my work email.

Thanks

Mike

#8 ·
Errol,

Thanks .. will have a look at this before I resort to the bar ends .. after the scare I got yesterday I'll need to do something though!

Michael

#10 · (Edited)
Yip

Hi Andrew, they will fit the Tornado but you will have to change those nasty standard plastic bar ends.

The mirror fits non-tapered bar ends that are 7/8 outside diameter, and bar end diameters from 22-30mm. They a need 12mm wide (1/2 inch) area to clamp to, and weigh 245 grams (8-1/2 oz) each.
Rizoma bar ends MA502 and MA506 will work with these mirrors.
Unlike bar end mirrors that attach into the end of the bar, these clamp around it and can be positioned over or under your hand, eliminating having your arm in the way. Mirror can be positioned either inboard or turned through 180 degrees for better view behind.

Available in Natural/Silver, Black, Polished finish.

To determine if you have non-tapered bar ends, see image below:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.