Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clobbered a bloody big white Barn Owl last night. Nearly took my head off.
On my dusk lit 1/4 mile approach to home, I saw this massive white blur up ahead come out of a tree and almost touch the ditch on the otherside, only to try and take off back up to where it came from.
I got down behind the screen waiting for the impact and wallop, I looked in my mirror to see a white mass spiralling out of control. Lucky escape for me, it could have had me in the face. :eek:
I got home jumped into my car and discovered I'd done him in instantly.
No marks on the bike, just a mess.
Bloody upset me and my son, gorgeous Owl, fluffy feet, and lovely feathers.

I keep small birds in a large outside aviary, and take other bloody people's "car-struck-injured-roadside-can't-be-bothered-to-stop-animals" to animal carrers when I get the chance, (duck a month ago, pidgeon's, cats etc... so that got to me a bit that did.

Just thought I'd share.:bawl:

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
Awww... Bad luck Shane. Barn Owls are beautiful creatures. Glad you and Nelli are ok at least.

Cheers,
Dom

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Bad luck matey, they are Beautiful birds, there's a place just outside Telford called Becks Bird Barn where we had our African Grey Parrot from, It's a fantastic place to visit (although it's now closed to the public :bawl: ) and they breed birds as well as looking after injured and homeless birds, they even have one of the Owls from the Harry Poters films there, so I'm a big bird fan (no puns please especially as our parrots called ELMO ! ;) )

Big shame the Owl got wiped out, but these things happen buddy and if it had been another creature like a badger then it would have been you wiped out ! (although I guess you don't see too many flying badgers ! :D )

:eek:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bad luck matey, they are Beautiful birds, there's a place just outside Telford called Becks Bird Barn where we had our African Grey Parrot from, It's a fantastic place to visit (although it's now closed to the public :bawl: ) and they breed birds as well as looking after injured and homeless birds, they even have one of the Owls from the Harry Poters films there, so I'm a big bird fan (no puns please especially as our parrots called ELMO ! ;) )

Big shame the Owl got wiped out, but these things happen buddy and if it had been another creature like a badger then it would have been you wiped out ! (although I guess you don't see too many flying badgers ! :D )

:eek:
Cheers chaps.

They are getting more common round here. I've had a few dive above the Jag's headlights about 10miles away.Hope this wasn't the same bloody bird!

Great bird you have, must have cost some.It's a rare interest, shame its tarnished as an old buggers hobby. My boy's really like taking care of em.

Anyway I'm not a big twitcher...back to bikes, rude jokes and nude pictures! :clap:
Cheers for not taking the piss lads...yet:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts