Benelli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These upgrade parts are made for keeping the plastic battery box away from the exhaust pipe. My battery box was melted twice by exhaust gas coming out from the junction between the exhaust pipe and exhaust body.
The parts are fitted below the battery box behind the co-passenger’s foot rests.They were given as warranty parts.

Set code: 300000040000 Kit Staffe Supporto Sc. Batt.

·
463 Posts
Got the same problem with mine , now on my 2nd box and waiting for the third, any more detail on how it keeps the exhaust away from the box?:(

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My as* is on fire

Hi Hector,
This is how the parts are placed.
When the rider is seated :ele: on the bike the battery box is pressed down against the exhaust and especially when you push hard on the bike things get tough for the box.
The upgrade keeps the box at its original position.
In both cases with my bike there was a exhaust gas leak at the junction between the exhaust pipe and exhaust body. If you run on stock exhaust check for leak remains at that point. Better block the exhaust outlet, give same rpm and check for a leak.
Note that all the plastic parts & exhaust were replaced under warranty twice.

The first exhaust under warranty failed again after 200 Km!! :beat:

Cheers :rolleyes:

·
Registered
73 Posts
mine tooo

Mine also melted as the bar under the seat which joins each side of the sub frame was broken... soo the guys at phantoms put a stainless sleve in the tunnel where the exhaust runs thro battery box.. its worked as i was in jam out of WSB earlier this year and it was spot on.. benelli uk a total waste of space.. i got a new battery box about 3weeks later!!! not good enough boys...
next time ill turn up and have a big word with them since that they r not botherd about after sales of a expensive bike... local dealer bends over backwards and gets it in the neck for them!!!! well done phantoms 5star
fatnfast

1 - 6 of 6 Posts