Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I couldn't agree more Hector .... I'll post a little video on why I think he's in contention for my all time favourite riders in a little while;)

I had a little survey thing on here a wee whiile back where I named him in my top 3 riders for their riding style. So bloody smooth and in control. If I only had 10% of his riding ability:bawl:

Classic race when he was battling with Edwards a while back. I'll dig it out and post it;)

Al:D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nice guy too. We were on a plane back from the Monaco GP with him when he was off to Silverstone for a WSB round (this was a while ago, before he went to GP's).

He hitched a lift with us, and much meriment was had when he couldnt find his own motorhome. He had to ring his crew (who were down the pub) to find out what it looked like.

We obviously got a fair amount of time to chat to the guy, how he started (a paint sprayer who raced in his spare time), and what he liked doing away from racing, and somehow we got around to talking about the various passes we had done over the alps. It took us a while to realize he was talking about cycling, not biking, over them. He doesnt ride on the roads any more, too dangerous.

I think that speaks volumes about his fitness level.

Aarron

PS Ive got one of those cheesy "shaking hands" photos of us, but in this one we are in my garden :D .

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
So that's Bayliss and Toseland you have pictures of Kurt ... anymore hiding away?

I have a picture of me with the queen;)

Al:)

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
We need to open up a thread along the lines of 'Me and Someone Famous' so we can all put our pictures up here. Unfoortunatley most of mine are 'wet' film, not digital, so I need to fire the scanner up the next time I am home to get some put up here!

Andy

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yeah, mine is film too. It took pride of place on the mantelpeice in full sun and has badly faded :doh: Thank god digital came along.

That is my only cheesy handshake photo though. Now we plonk one of our racebikes in front of them, its a lot better picture.

Aarron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts