Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a picture of a Tre (Green and Silver) which seems to have a couple of different parts to mine...some I like, some I'm not sure about.

As its now snowing I've resigned myself to tinkering and no riding for the foreseeable so time to buy some bits.

Apologies but I can't post a picture of this bike due to computer illliteracy and unfortunately its in a book and I don't have a scanner. The book itself is fairly old, probably published around the launch of the Tre so this might even be a prototype picture.

1. Firstly it has a silver front mudguard. Mine, as with all I've seen, is black. Anyone know where to get these silver ones? I've also seen a few with black carbon fibre front and rear which also looks pretty nice compared to the matt black ones I have. I've also seen (different book) a black triangular rear mudguard which look pretty good.

2. Next is the front lights. This is the same stacked arrangement however the lights themselves are square rather than the standard round shape. This I'm unsure about as it looks very nice however so do the more familiar round ones.

3. Real Cowl doesn't have the 3 black "rubber" bits. Whilst we're on this subject I don't have a pillion seat attachment...bike didn't come with one so once again if anyone knows how I can get my hands on one...?

4. Finally, although at first glance it appears to have the same paint job as mine the fairing is slightly different. Not even going to try to describe how this differs from mine so will try to figure out how to get a picture of this onto this site when the Gallery starts working.

Over and out

·
Registered
736 Posts
Easiest way to post pics is to get yourself a photobucket.com account. it`s free and you can then copy location in to the thread.
As to the parts:
Carbon front fender available for TNT and Tre from carbon.sk.
I`m looking at some GRP fairings, seat units and fenders and will post when I have a better idea of quality and fit.
Hope that is helpful.
Dave

·
5,928 Posts
2. Next is the front lights. This is the same stacked arrangement however the lights themselves are square rather than the standard round shape.
Now THIS really does intrigue me. Not sure if anyone has noticed, but the Tornado lights are rubbish! Not too bad on straights and big sweepers, but once it even begins to tighten up (80 kph posted), it starts getting difficult to see enough to be able to keep up with the suggested speed.

I've improved them by re-wiring the low beam circuit so that it stays on when the high beam is on. That gives more spread.

I've also converted to 50W HIDs. That's multiplied the light output by about 5 times. It's brilliant now for anything above posted 65 kph corners. Still leaves a lot to be desired at and below that though.

If there were an alternative light setup, I'd love to know about it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I noticed the square headlight thing - There are some pictures around made in Photoshop or similar. I think they might be prototype stage things. I don't think that design was actually produced.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
I've resigned myself to tinkering
I guess you'll be wanting those funny shaped fans as well then, eh, Scotland :rolling:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Cheers Laurence

that's the chap!

Those pics are much better than the one I have in my book.

Looks like the "triangular rear mudguard" doesn't exist after all... looked like it did in the picture I have but your's suggest I was mistaken and its just an illusion...will have another look at my picture tonight to confirm this.

Can't get excited by those fans but that silver front mudguard does look nice.

Hope you're not getting too much snow down in the central belt...apparently it was due to hit here real bad around 2pm but its not lying yet! Just hope it all clears for the weekend...and the roads dry out for some fun!

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Not much snow down this way at the mo....... but it sure ain't biking weather :mad:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Go on, build a snowman on a bike.... :rolling:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts