peter does them in carbon at carbon sk

put that in google as the forum changes the web address for some reason

look at BE037

and maybe maniac motors also

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not want carbon. Is the original bellypan made of carbon? Can I order it from some Benelly dealer? How much would it cost...has anybody idea?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Original is just a piece of ABS with an Evo decal under the clear. The carbon would be "better". The two only problems would be if you would like for the piece to have the same color as the bike and the brackets which I am not sure if the carbon ones bring.

Also the benelli pieces are $$$

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
If you don't want the carbon look, Alex, from ManiacMotors does one

·
5,928 Posts
Original is just a piece of ABS with an Evo decal under the clear. The carbon would be "better".
Sure it's ABS? Nylon would make more sense - like the Tornado lower panels. Nylon will take stone impacts better than ABS, or even carbon fibre. To make CF resilient enough, there'd have to be a layer of Kevlar in it.
Hopefully, the CF guards front & rear, that are available, have Kevlar in them as well, for the same reason.

·
Registered
403 Posts
CF belly gaurds

not sure errol, but i have had mine off for ages and on the back side has some woven cloth over it, so cant tell if it is 100% fibreglass Or plastic with extra woven cloth at the back for strenght.

completely off the origional topic of course

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
It is fiberglass

When I low sided my CR it ground through the paint and the pigmented coat which is white. I was always under the impression that they were also CF like the front mudgaurd and tailpiece.

if you want to paint them I would go for the CF as it is more durable. My right side cover has small cracks in it, which CF won't do.

Paul

·
Registered
254 Posts
When I low sided my CR it ground through the paint and the pigmented coat which is white. I was always under the impression that they were also CF like the front mudgaurd and tailpiece.

if you want to paint them I would go for the CF as it is more durable. My right side cover has small cracks in it, which CF won't do.

I still have a carbon set laying around somewhere. I don't have the metal tabs for mounting though

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yes I have one. I have a front Fender in carbon also. The belly pan is the same as the cafe race but in carbon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts