Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My 07 TNT cafe racer with 3000km has a clutch problem not
allowing the bike to start in gear with clutch in and not changing well while riding. I've been told I need a new clutch housing costing over $1000.
I also need help from someone that knows how to set up the suspention.
I have recently had the hot start issue and see on the forum that the gear drive needs to be replaced. I've been quoted $560.
I love riding this bike but will love riding it more with the relevant issues sorted.
Any help appreciated
Cheers
Joe

·
3,085 Posts
hot start

check the VIN, is the 10 number a 6 or a 7? Ive never heard of the 07 bikes needing the Z25 upgrade or clutch issues?

·
Registered
403 Posts
nor the O6 model

check the VIN, is the 10 number a 6 or a 7? Ive never heard of the 07 bikes needing the Z25 upgrade or clutch issues?
2006 comes with the correct gear from the factory - mine did with an 05 date on the gear. Mine didn't like to start in gear, upgrade the battery cables and do a 14 series battery in it.

·
Registered
784 Posts

"Friends, Romans, Countryman" Lend me your ears.....

I own a 2007 TnT Sport VIN # has 07 in it, but the actual build date is July 2006. I visually checked for the Z25 gear and my bike DOES NOT have it. :bawl:

I upgraded the battery to a Yuasa YTZ14S and it still suffers from the Hot Start disease.

So I have to say that some bikes in the 06-07 got the gear and some didn't.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
warranty is not available.
Bike build is 06.
Have visually checked and does not have the z25 update.
I don't mind doing the z25 but was told by shop to do the clutch housing
as well. At $1000 more It's not something I want to do. I have seen plenty on this forum about the z25 but nothing about the clutch housing.
Anyone know a good cheap parts source ?
Cheers

·
3,085 Posts
arh, one of the ex scps bikes hey

if so you must have nabbed a good price .

whats the local importer want for a z25 price wise?

I bought mine from Alex at Maniac Motors in germany as the local lads didnt have any in stock at the time, about 225 from memory. you need the shaft, gear, belville wasker and source a local high tensile bolt.

conttact Errol (Eugenia) on the forum for part numbers and what bolt to get.

I still dont see what the need is for the different clutch basket?
Anyone got any ideas.

·
3,085 Posts
bolt info

10x1.25x25mm 8.8 high tensile bolt

sourced from any fastener supplier, buck or 2, if you cant find one let me know as I have about 1/2 dozen. I'm in Perth

·
5,928 Posts
What's wrong with the housing?
I've never heard of an issue with it.

The part numbers you want can be found here. About half way down.

Get then from Maniac Motors in Germany, or Brabant Motors in The Netherlands. Their prices vary a bit, so get a quote from them.
Very easy to do business with them. They both take PayPal, so no issues with telegraphic transfers, or phone calls in the middle of the night.

I've got a package that will be sent from Maniac in a month or so. You could get Alex to put the parts in that if you want. Then I can shoot them over to you in a Express Post bag. I'll be in Adelaide just after Christmas. If you're nearby, I could bring them myself, if they arrive in time.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
A few questions for UK bods

Any ideas for a UK dealer who may have the Z25 gear and associated bits in?
Are they readily available or on 6 month back-order with the factory?
Rough price in £s

I guess it would be KJM/Robinsons/Harry Nash and I recall a figure of around £100 for the gear but I've no idea on availability

I guess I ought to sort this over the winter

Ta

Pike

·
Registered
403 Posts
oh damm

2006 without correct gear, ..............
Well ladies, i stand corrected.
direct call to maniac motors, i can only speak highly of the place.
in reality, it has only been a 14 day wait since payment. and horrendously cheap relative to the locals, well < 50%

clutch basket, not an issue, just the 3 stage springs behind it.

·
3,085 Posts
tell us more about these spring

are they the ones that came out when you seperate the backing plate from the hub, like colin found when his when rattly?

·
Registered
52 Posts
In Germany we have some cases with broken clutch housings and broken clutch springs, especially with the '04 version of the housings.
In '06 in Germany there was the "Benelli Task Force" on the road, direct from the factory in Pesaro. they did some upgrades with the alternator, changing some gear housings if necessary, do all the known issues at this time for free.

The '06 housings from the Task Force were better than the '04 , but the problem is still there. There are some cases with the 06' too. In '08 they probabbly did some changes to the housings, because there are no known broken housings in the german forum.
Some photos in this german thread from a broken housing:

http://www.italobikes.de/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=55&func=view&id=196996&catid=3

The broken housing can be identified by an unnormal rattling from the gear drive; not the normal rattling from the Benelli triple.

Greetings
Tostan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They want over $500 for the z25 update in Australia.
Do you have the phone number or web address for Manic in Germany ?
Cant find Manic on Google.
Cheers

1 - 20 of 38 Posts