Benelli Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I picked up the newly sprayed tank and side panels today, I need to get the pinstripes done by a sign writer!
I am pleased with the colour it’s Daf Coral red ( RAL Code 3016)
4BC46438-82B9-4BB1-A89B-E38B3C6914B4.jpeg 32E67390-E4C4-4495-8323-64083305E52A.jpeg 05612435-7AD7-490D-B5A2-9FBE604E388F.jpeg
The guy who sprayed my tank unfortunately a few days ago lost his mother to coronavirus and his business partner has had a bad dose too and is retiring from the business. These are very difficult times we live in!

Reactions: DenH

·
Registered
14 Posts
Tank

Well that’s a happy and sad story all in one go by the sounds. Why hasn’t your man pinstriped the tank? It’s a bit strange. I do quite a few classic tanks for a living and always do the artwork in with the job. Sounds strange it’s been left off.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The tank was sprayed by a car sprayer and the original Benelli tank had hand done pinstripes on it! They are a line of red and black above and below the the large black band.

Reactions: benellioldman

·
Registered
728 Posts
The tank was sprayed by a car sprayer and the original Benelli tank had hand done pinstripes on it! They are a line of red and black above and below the the large black band.
I know several car painters and they don't do pinstripes either.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So do you paint cars and bikes then Eric?
I don’t bother with painting cars anymore, it’s a rat race. I just do the interesting stuff these days. I’ve a customer in Leeds who I do the fabrication side of restoration on 60’s and 70’s investment cars but I also work as industrial and domestic multi trade. Bit hard to explain

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hi all I have been locked out the forum for a few weeks but have managed to sort a few things on the 2c.
The forks are now rebuilt with new shock absorbers from Gutsibits and the stanchions re chromed at Philpots.

forks all rebuilt and back together with 70 cc of fork oil in each leg ready to refit

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

Fitted the pin stripping myself today did it free hand and used a roll of black and a roll of white! It took a little care to get both stripes side by side.
I have since fitted the lower tank trim , filler cap and fuel taps. I ended the day respraying the Speedo and Rev counter bezels satin black.
I have finally managed to find a company to bright zinc plate a box of of bits that I need to continue reassembly.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts