Benelli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
just joined the forum as need some advice/help with my 2502c electronica,
the bike i have is original and very low milage,it was running fine but has clutch drag problems,i have stripped the clutch down and checked it for obvious faults,ie rusted or contaminated plates,the clutch components all seem perfect ,but suffers very bad drag,i have tried various adjustments but dont seem to cure the fault.
if i assemble the clutch and try it dry,ie no oil it works perfect and frees off and allows the free movement of the back wheel in gear,but add oil and it drags badly.
there are the correct amount of rods/ball bearings etc in the assembly,but it just dont seem to give it enought movement to stop drag.
ive tried it with the o rings on the clutch and without,no difference.
any help here will be greatly apprieciated as the bike is all ready to ride after fitting a powerdynamo conversion
the bike is in mint original condition with only approx 5k kms from new

if any one is interested in the old dansi ignition system components,i have the complete setup for sale,if not ebay beckons,
ive always been a benelli fan,had 2 x 750seis,but always liked the 2c from a 17yr old in the early 70s,ended up with a yam yds7 instead.had many italian bikes,mv magni,ducati 900ss,hailwoods,now ducati pasos seem a pasion,
thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
Some clutches are touchy on oil. What are you using?

I assume you checked for any plate warpage when you had it apart also? Plus notching on the basket (seems very unlikely with so low miles).

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hi
just joined the forum as need some advice/help with my 2502c electronica,
the bike i have is original and very low milage,it was running fine but has clutch drag problems,i have stripped the clutch down and checked it for obvious faults,ie rusted or contaminated plates,the clutch components all seem perfect ,but suffers very bad drag,i have tried various adjustments but dont seem to cure the fault.
if i assemble the clutch and try it dry,ie no oil it works perfect and frees off and allows the free movement of the back wheel in gear,but add oil and it drags badly.
there are the correct amount of rods/ball bearings etc in the assembly,but it just dont seem to give it enought movement to stop drag.
ive tried it with the o rings on the clutch and without,no difference.
any help here will be greatly apprieciated as the bike is all ready to ride after fitting a powerdynamo conversion
the bike is in mint original condition with only approx 5k kms from new

if any one is interested in the old dansi ignition system components,i have the complete setup for sale,if not ebay beckons,
ive always been a benelli fan,had 2 x 750seis,but always liked the 2c from a 17yr old in the early 70s,ended up with a yam yds7 instead.had many italian bikes,mv magni,ducati 900ss,hailwoods,now ducati pasos seem a pasion,
thanks
The recommended oil is 80w grade,my clutch and gear change was difficult,so I replaced it with 20/50 problem solved.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The recommended oil is 80w grade,my clutch and gear change was difficult,so I replaced it with 20/50 problem solved.
Hi
thanks for replies,ive tried it with gear oil,20/50w,and even 5/30w oil,it still does the same thing,drags so i cant get into gear or out of gear,with no oil the clutch works perfect,im at my wits end with it

·
Registered
581 Posts
I think the plates are old and have deteriorated, my 2c had sat a long while and the clutch constantly got stuck and took a lot of freeing off. I changed the plates and this cured it straight away. I do use gear oil and it’s fine!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the plates are old and have deteriorated, my 2c had sat a long while and the clutch constantly got stuck and took a lot of freeing off. I changed the plates and this cured it straight away. I do use gear oil and it’s fine!
Hi
i think thats poss my first step to sorting this out,will order some new ones in new year ,thanks for input,will update when get new plates fitted

1 - 6 of 6 Posts