Benelli Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening.
I need a new exhaust for my 750, currently it has a Marving 6 into 2 fitted. What I can’t decide on is whether to go for a standard chrome 6 into 6 system, or a have a stainless one made. What do people think?
Can anyone recommend a supplier for a stainless system, the only one I have heard of is O & S.
Thanks.

·
Registered
607 Posts
A word of warning some stainless steel systems glow in the dark on the down pipes when hot!

Reactions: benellioldman

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have a set of original 750 6-6 pipes. They're in good condition with no rust, but there's a small dent in one of the mufflers that would need pulling out. Someone (not me) has painted them with silver exhaust paint so they would need re-chroming to look their best. I'd take $1500 Australian dollars (825 GBP) for them, but postage to UK would probably be a killer.

Cheers,
Cam

·
Registered
95 Posts
I be a set of BUSSO replica pipes on my SEI and frankly, nothing looks as good. It take me a few days to fit them. When initially installed, they pointed off in every direction. Not by miles, but the stacks at the rear did not line up (out by a few inches). I borrowed a friend’s hydraulic pipe bender (he’s and electrician). By carefully wrapping the header pipes in leather swatch samples, I very slightly tweaked them until the stack was very straight. Time consuming, but worth it. They are stunning.....

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
The pipes on the SEI can be a bugger to line up. Mine started out looking like this:-

P1020013.jpg
but with a few strategically placed spacers, ended up like this

P1020015.jpg

·
Registered
58 Posts
exhaust pipe set

Selwyn Motorcycles has one spare set of pipes and brackets available because someone has let him down on an order. The pipes wont be there long so call him Tuesday or Thursday as that is when the parts guy is in. Phone number 01440 268120. Proper quality parts from same source as Bauer in Germany.
Regards

Ian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts