Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of going down the titanium and ergal bolt replacement path, probably loose 5 kgs off the bike. i see pro bolt and lightech do them, anyone know anyone else?
seems lightech just do ally for low strength applications and pro bolt do ti, SS and ergal ally, :)

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I remember seeing bolt kits for the Tornado somewhere matey, I'll rack my grey matter and see if I can remember where the hell I saw them;)

Al

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Heres the link to the tastynuts bits for the Tornado.. says for RS but guess it should be good for any. Not cheap though. I would be interested if you get a better price elsewhere. I thought the fairing bolts were stainless, but discovered whilst at Bennetts last time that its a bit random - some are and some are not! Proven by that fact that the middle of some of mine have started rusting already after the scottish trip :mad: Its such a shame Benelli cut corners on these simple details when the rest of the bike is so beautiful.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Anyone know how we can find out who made the OE bolts? Perhaps we can then get stainless / ti / whatever made up with the same pattern? I have not seen the wierd head profile that the fairing bolts have on anything else. That said, they are a bugger to keep clean so maybe best to have a different one ;-)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
none of mine have rusted, and they look very smick, I wouldnt mind knowing who made them
Try a weekend in the misty wet scottish highlands and see if they still do :rolling: Then again, maybe you have some stainless ones! Actually, try the magnet test with your fairing bolts... maybe they changed them for stainless on the RS?

·
1,841 Posts
bolt test

Well my RS has stainless bolts on the seat,stainless bolts on the front mudguard,and stainless on the large lower fairing bolts.The others are not stainless ie the magnet attracts. The screen bolts are stainless.
colin.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Yep that seems to match up with mine then... top fairing bolts are the ones which are suffering. Its only a little bit in the middle but shame they did not bother with stainless :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts