Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Benelli fans :)
I am trying to restore a Benelli 125 Tourisimo
I trying to buy 2nd and 3rd gear from Benelli.de in Germany.
I received an email invoice after select the parts on line and I am told I can use PayPal.

I can not find the pay now link on the web site.:unsure:
Dose anybody know how to actually do this?

Please Help

·
Registered
653 Posts
You put his email into your PayPal account and then you can pay him. He is spot on for parts delivery and very helpful

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many Thanks.
I have never done Paypal using an email address before. Please excuse my ignorance.:unsure:
So presume the normal way is that Once the payment is received and has been debited from my account, that I will receive confirmation from Benelliparts.de and then also from Paypal notification by email.
Ill do that tomorrow.
Many Thanks.
Incidentally is that a picture of your benelli 125 cross? :)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yes that’s my Benelli 125 , I had a 125 Turismo when I was 17 great bike any pictures?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well.
I he replied to an email and I was sent an email with a paypal link.
£80 went out of my account.
I replied to an email sent to me from Burian at Benelli.de l asking him for confirmation of money received.
I even translated it into German.
If nothing happens I will ask paypal to look into it.

Watch this space :unsure:
Yes that’s my Benelli 125 , I had a 125 Turismo when I was 17 great bike any pictures?
No pctures . It all in bits. Just pictures of worn out gear dogs and bent selector forks. But I will when its finished. Ive got some interesting mechanical stories about this little bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well.
I he replied to an email and I was sent an email with a paypal link.
£80 went out of my account.
I replied to an email sent to me from Burian at Benelli.de l asking him for confirmation of money received.
I even translated it into German.
If nothing happens I will ask paypal to look into it.

Watch this space :unsure:

No pctures . It all in bits. Just pictures of worn out gear dogs and bent selector forks. But I will when its finished. Ive got some interesting mechanical stories about this little bike.
Yes my bike at 17 as well . It will live again.:)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi
A general plea to all classic owners on this forum, with ref to some albeit very justified grumbling re certain sellers. Please give the guys with the parts a little time to answer and find your parts. These machines are 50 years old now and Benelli was never a big player in the UK. Detlef Burian still travels enormous distances scouring for parts so you dont have too. I am pleased that you have received the parts promptly and as R Powell has remarked always a great service. I look forward to hearing more about your Benelli 125T on this forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Big up Detlef Burian.
:)
I am so pleased that I can still get such parts :)
I am actually surprised that after all these years that there still gear box parts available.
This old Bike of mine has been kept for decades.Since 17 yrs old.
I am 61 yrs now when I was young I rode it hard.
A charming little bike. I couldn't stay off it.
It really went round corners and with a SHB 25 from Delorto Reading the light weight (71kg) and great acceleration you see off the Jap competition .
But the gearbox :eek:
I am quit good at splitting the engine cases now however :unsure: :) Many rebuilds.
:)
NO GRUMBLES.

·
Registered
653 Posts
My 125 Turismo was light and fast I kept snapping spokes in the rear wheel! I was thinking of fitting a 25 mm carb to my 125 enduro to see if it gives it a little more go.

·
Registered
653 Posts
This is a 125 that looked the same as mine
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Motorcycle

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Exellent :)
So did mine.
The 125 engine comes with a 22mm carb designed to work with standard air box.
The bike runs in this way as a more usable throttle control and dosn't gasp when yank open.
A charming bike as standard.
The 25 mm carb how ever , runs a 98 main and a 45 primary. From a 2C. This will gasp.
But More Power From 25mm.
Dont loose the Air Box . It Needs it because of Piston port spit back. De restrict the back of the Air box.
The Cross air box may be different. It is on the 50 cross .Both 125 and 50 cross have expansion chamber cone type of shape exhaust .
Our " Little smokers club" has a few of these bikes . One is a 125 cross import. This has a better 26mm carb.
This has responded the best to alterations.
My brother 3d printed another manifold for the 26mm carb . We got one made up. It seems to be tuned in resonant length ok.
The standard intake is restrictive for the 25mm and so wont accept the last 10% of throttle opening.
The Standard 22mm carb is smaller than the intake is has a 72 main jet and relies on the air box.
Mine used to run like a 2C. I guess .Pulls to about 8k. @73 mph.

Great fun.

Ill get some pics of the other bikes from "The Little Smokers Club" next time we go for a run to the pub.
Ill get them to contribute to the Blog.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I go on a lot of 2 stroke runs with my brothers 1970s moped club
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Bicycle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: benellioldman
1 - 13 of 13 Posts