Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having a chat with someone recently, well at the weekend to be precise, who stated that the Due will be more than a concept and will actually make onto the roads of the world.

I do hope so as the bike just does something for me - not as a main bike, but as a run around! I like the styling and as a town bike, would be great for commuting amongst traffic.

Aparantly about 90% of the parts are manufactured in China, but under strict quality and control from Pesaro (hopefully they are getting sorted!) with the final construction build being done there.

The alleged cost of owning one was alleged to be under the £4,000 mark, which would also swing it for me!:clap:

Does anyone have any further news on this?

Come on Benelli, we know you lurk in the shadows of this forum, give me some news!

Russ, have you any info on it? I'd be really interested to know.

Andy

·
Registered
123 Posts
At this point, there are lots of rumours and speculations around and very little actual pieces of news. Those who actually know something aren't likely to tell, yet, anyway. Those who do, usually have an agenda of some sort, usually their own.

About the forthcoming model(s), they aren't coming today or tomorrow, so you'll have to wait until next riding season, anyway. So just hang in there until the next Milan show or thereabouts, and you're likely see at least one new model, in the middleweight series, something like the Due, or something along the lines of the other Italian brand supermotards.

As for the Benellis made in China, personally I've got some mixed feelings about the Chinese involvement/manufacturing. Perhaps it's just my attitude, perhaps not, but I don't like the idea that much, even though there would be quality control in Pesaro, and even though outsourcing could mean lower prices. It's still outsourcing an old and traditional brand away from the home continent, and having seen the current level of quality over there in general...

But suppose that's how it's going to be. The Benelli scooters like Pepe are already made in China. Perhaps having an assembly line outsourced would not be that bad per se, but in the case of the scooters, the only thing Benelli is the old green and silver logo and possibly the design. All the mechanics are standard Chinese scooter parts, used in some other Chinese scooters as well. So much for the quality and control from Pesaro, eh?

Time will tell whether or not the nearly century old brand will suffer an inflation in this new ownership.

Looks like the Chinese are coming and eventually taking over the mainstream (mass) market, very much like the Japanese did a couple of decades ago. Looks like this invasion is taking place partly with the help of some traditional European brands acquired for that purpose. So take good care of those genuine Pesaro-made bikes, folks, however moody they may be, for they may soon become rare collector's items, reminders of the good ol' times when they still made motorcycles on the old continent... :)
But perhaps this stream of consiousness is getting a bit OT already, so...

·
Registered
213 Posts
I am told that the euro3 law has held back production on this model???

I have seen the prototype in Italy and it does sound awesome;) I couldn't get a ride at that time but maybe next time I'm over:clap:

I'm pretty sure some parts will be made in China but the bikes will be built in Italy and as for quality as everyday passes the new QJ Benelli gets better.
Price????? I would guess around £5000 mark how much is a new naked Jap bike??? bigger cc yes but common at muck! so 5K might be about right.

The QJ group is a top outfit and have made engines for Yamaha's & Honda's that are made under licence so there is no doubt the quality is there or they wouldn't use them, fact is that now they own Benelli the Jap's have I believe stopped using them as they see them a future rival in the 2-wheeled market.

Let's hope.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, and Russ if I do decide to chance my luck a second time with the Marque, despite the problems I have encountered to date, rest assured you will be uppermost in my mind - despite the 200 odd miles to get to you!

Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts