Benelli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:p
Hi Guys - I have just been having a good gander thru all the members galleries (thanks for doing that Roland) - there is numerous photos that catch the eye tho, but I just want to mention a couple of things that have stuck in my mind ! :D

Thanks to Nigel (NJAY), Colin and JohnyRotin for posting pics of ladies on Benelli's :bow: :D
(now I just gotta find me a cute lass who will drape herself over my ......... Tornado !!)

And having a good look through Saloe's album of his trip to the Benelli factory - I think I can now shine some light onto why we all have to wait months for parts to come from Italy - basically looking at all the pics in the factory, you dont see many people there - then the view outside the factory has one car and what looks like one monkey bike in the car park.

Strange but true - if anyone has a better answer for this phenominum then answers on a postcard to the usual address............
:soapbox:

Cheers
Kurt

·
903 Posts
Benelli factory

The reason that you saw no one in the factory Kurt was because they were all on holiday which runs from August to June ever year. :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

This only leaves them July to build the bikes, which is the reason for the varied quality in the build! :blowup:

Only joking!:D

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny

Lloyd

That wouldnt come as a surprise though !!!

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Italian holiday

:rolling: :rolling:

The real reason is: I asked if I could make some pictures. Officialy you are not allowed to make any pictures, but my contact suggested to do a little tour during the coffee break. :doh:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really ????

Is that what the Mafiosa told you to say ???

I knew there would be a completely logical explanation - but hoped there would have been a few other 'wild' guesses before though ! :(

What was the overall impression of the place then?
(and when did you go?)

Cheers

Kurt

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
Hi Kurt,

I was at the factory a couple of months ago and they had a workforce of about 90 then. There were two production lines that they interchange between Bike/engine assembly as required. Frames, Engines and parts were stocked everywhere and there were quite a few bikes crated up ready to be shipped to dealers.

They allowed me to take pictures freely when I was there, even of the new TRE-K Amazonas and TNT Evolution models which still hadn't been announced to the press at that time, but they asked me not to publish them, which I have to respect.:bawl:

With the new models that were introduced at Intermot, the current production plant is not big enough and I would expect them to be looking for bigger premises in the not too distant future.:)

Watch this space:D

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Factory Trip

Ed,
I understand now - thats why you were there :doh:

Well, I guess having seen the operation with your own eyes then you must have taken some comfort from the whole experience?

Interesting story tho

Kurt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts