Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a poll at this stage really to see if people would be interested in a trip en masse to France some time this summer. Am not thinking of anything too strenuous just a long weekend perhaps with B&Bs rather than camping on account of the Tre's rather limited luggage carrying capability!

Col

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Interested too. Mike

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I'm up for it and love france (worked there) . right so col pressures on you now to do some planning :rolling: . has anyone been to Lille its buildings in the centre are stunning (sad moment there :eek: )

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Borat are you allowing none tornado riders, us other nelli owners are feeling left out:bawl:

Yep I up for it (umm just need a pass out from mrs pops!!)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Cant do anything this year unfortunatley :( - but if its a success and you think of doing it next year - how about timing it with the French MotoGP ?? - I would be deffo for that :ele:

·
Registered
148 Posts
If my bike's fixed this year......
I'm already planning a longish trip ( 1 month) on the K12 to France/Spain but a long weekend on the TnT could be fun!
Happy to help on the translation side too, lived in Geneva for a bit, but as any Frenchman will tell you, French and Geneveois ain't quite the same ;)

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
sacr'e bleu !!!! a group of english guys on italian bikes in a french province !!. all we need to do now is a bit of german towels on the sun loungers and were well cosmopolitan . I speak a smattering as i worked throughout france for a DIY chain but will do a bit of revision so i dont end up locked up after telling a gendarme his wife looks like a horse or something !!!. A group of benelli's will i'm sure pave the way for french hospitality :)

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
sacr'e bleu !!!! a group of english guys on italian bikes in a french province !!. all we need to do now is a bit of german towels on the sun loungers and were well cosmopolitan . I speak a smattering as i worked throughout france for a DIY chain but will do a bit of revision so i dont end up locked up after telling a gendarme his wife looks like a horse or something !!!. A group of benelli's will i'm sure pave the way for french hospitality :)
I can do the German thing, and if need be also do the smoothing things over with the Rozzers - that handy little 'Get out of Jail Free Card' I have in my wallet helps!

That said I speak no French other than calling all the girls a garden pea and they seem to get a bit funny when I rabbit on in German to them for some reason - something to do with 60 years ago!

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Lol no exactly ,my daughters would kill me if they knew i'd bought horse meat(cheval) in a large supermarket and cooked it. best thing i ever ate was a bulls tongue in garlic and mustard dressing and it was about 14" long and kept escaping off my plate !!!. nice tho ....:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeh i'm up for it.
i've been in contact with the italian owners club in france ( i just moved back from france after living there for the last 4 years) my friends in france have regular meetings and in july they have a Rondonee a weekend to celebrate italian bikes all Benelli / Ducati etc owners meet up, ride around on a parade through the Limousin and have a day at the Val D' Vienne circuit. i have lots of contacts regarding B&bs etc, costs, riding times, route plans etc. i owned and ran a motorcycle tour business in the limousin, so if you need any help let me know.
i am going to arrange a trip down to pesaro, to the Benelli factory coupled with a tour around the region. i'm looking at the last 2 weeks of August ( the factories close till the 16th August). so if any one interested in touring Italy around the Alpinnies of Tuscanny, Emiglia Romana,) let me know i have found some very cost effective ways of getting there.
Riccardo

·
Registered
148 Posts
Not wishing to hijack this thread....but why have you moved back to the UK after 4 years in France?
I'm taking a month in September to look at areas in France to consider moving permanently to.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi all. Firstly to confirm this was a poll for interest across all nelli owners not just tornados... apart from anything else us tornado owners may need you to bail us out when we break down / run out of gas / overheat :rolling:

So looks like there is potentially enough interest to make it worthwhile. Now I should say I am by no means experienced in organising or even attending these kind of things... so whilst I am happy to do some of the legwork in getting dates / people organised, I would welcome any offers for assistance on the accomodation / route front. Riccardo certainly seems to know his stuff, so as a suggestion, how about this:

1) Ricardo (and anyone else who has experience of riding the area) submit a few route suggestions, preferably something that is achievable in 3 days, allowing sufficient time for beer / wine :clap:
2) I will create a poll for a number of possible weekends over the july - september period and the suggested routes. People can vote for their routes and for the weekends they can do.
3) Most popular route and date wins
4) I will sort out the accomodation, taking into account any advice and help from people more knowledgable than me on the area and take deposits etc.
5) Book ferries and we all pray for a better weekend than my France trip last year on the wettest weekend of the summer!

Its bound to mean someone can't make it but seems like the best way of doing things. So unless anyone disagrees, fill your boots and suggest some routes (see what I did there?:D )

ps Riccardo I love the idea of the Italy tour taking in Pesaro but funds will prohibit that for me this year. Next year maybe?

Col

1 - 20 of 33 Posts