Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I floated this idea a while ago and need to start looking for suitable venues, so time to get this one going... So the plan is to have this on one of the weekends either side of the NEC bike show (27th Nov - 6th Dec).. which one will probably depend on venue availability and cost. A lot of people will be around for the show anyway and with the Benelli stand there we might be able to get some peeps from the brand to attend. Heck, u never know if we offer to kiss his arse, maybe Boorman will turn up for us :rolling:

So, please put your name down if you are interested so I can get an idea on numbers. WAGs will be welcome at this (my mrs wants to meet the people who are responsible for so much of her money being wasted on bike stuff!), so if you are likely to bring the mrs put that down as well. I will aim to find a hotel venue and get a discount room rate, but if I cant, there are plenty of hotels around and will try and make it reasonably close to the NEC.

Update 02/09:

I spoke to the Bike museum and they will do the Balcony room for us for 29.95 a head. That includes 3 course christmas menu and access to the museum during the evening when all the other punters have left which will be quite cool. The room has its own bar and we would be kicked out between 12 and 1. We would need 30+ heads for that though so based on current expressions of interest no chance! They will also do a deal on rooms at the 2 linked 4* hotels but to be honest there are plenty around which would be cheaper.

I will post in a few more of the forums to drum up more interest. If you would definitely attend this if it ran please post in this thread AND pm me. If you are a maybe just post in the thread so I can keep track of possible and actual numbers. If we cant get enough to do the bike museum I will look at something on a smaller scale.

Hope most of you can make it!

Cheers

Col

ps - Does anyone know how to get this made into a sticky?

·
Registered
512 Posts
with the baby situation I won't be going this year but if you're after a venue what about the bike museum which is just a couple of minutes from the airport. From memory its a hotel also so you could probably get a small funtion room booked for a meal or similar.

Just and idea.

·
Benellissimo
682 Posts
Interested for sure. It was the NEC last year that started this Benelii thing for me. If only I'd known ;) It's my birthday round there too so double excuse. Will have the wife with me.

Ash

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
with the baby situation I won't be going this year but if you're after a venue what about the bike museum which is just a couple of minutes from the airport. From memory its a hotel also so you could probably get a small funtion room booked for a meal or similar.

Just and idea.
Yep way ahead of you.. pretty pricey though so will depend on how many people we have and how much people are prepared to spend. I will find out more about costs when we have a better idea of numbers

Col

·
T900 TRE is the plate!
434 Posts
Colin

Check out the Hilton Metropole as they do a Friday evening special buffet meal for people staying over on Friday/Saturday. We often do it for the dive shows. Could then fall out of bed and stagger across the carpark to the show.

Hope to be there!

Dave

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Col, I'm up for this :)

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I'm up for that Colin:bow: , maybe a discussion point when up at mine thrash some idea's amongst the clan and again at Silverstone . I would love to have the room with the Goblin Teasmaid ;) .

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
if i remember correctly the old farts mc have a camping field just by the nec maybe we could join in with them as its normally the same time could be a giggle .Camping = no mrs = more beer = more laughs = hangover

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I spoke to the Bike museuem and they will do the Balcony room for us for 29.95 a head. That includes 3 course christmas menu and access to the museum during the evening when all the other punters have left which will be quite cool. The room has its own bar and we would be kicked out between 12 and 1. We would need 30+ heads for that though so based on current expressions of interest no chance! They will also do a deal on rooms at the 2 linked 4* hotels but to be honest there are plenty around which would be cheaper.

I will post in a few more of the forums to drum up more interest. If you would definitely attend this if it ran please post in this thread AND pm me. If you are a maybe just post in the thread so I can keep track of possible and actual numbers. If we cant get enough to do the bike museum I will look at something on a smaller scale.

Cheers

Col

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Hi Col

I would love to come to this, but I have some odd issues going on that weekend. Firstly the weekend of the bike show is the weekend I'm supposed to be in Amsterdam for my works christmas weekend away, BUT, and here's where there is a chance of me being able to come along - my bike is in the shortlist for the 'Britains got biking talent' (go and vote for it again please!!) and if it gets to the last 12, then it will have to be presented at the Bike show along with the others, I know it's a long shot, but you never know it may happen (go and vote for it again please!!). Then I would have even more reason for a celebratory beer.

Oh how's little Noah getting on? (can he vote?)

cheers, Fraser

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
Hi Col,

I'm definitely interested - would be great if we could do the Museum thing. My girlfriend will come along if there were a few other lasses present too (she won't want to be stuck with me talking bikes all night :rolleyes: ).

I'm more than happy camping or staying in a local hotel - whatever the general consensus is. Would be good confirm which weekend though - the sooner I book it in the diary the better...!

cheers,
Dom

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
No worries Fraser.. which weekend are u away there are 2 options for the bike show so maybe it would be the other one?

Noah is doing well thanks... I think he is old enough to cast a vote on your bike though mate consider it done :D

Dom - there will be other WAGs there, mine at least and hopefully some others. I was thinking of doing the last weekend but can confirm the date once we know if we have enough to do the bike museum.

Cheers

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,415 Posts
can only do the saturday night before the bike show,unfortunately,if thats any good?

Do we have to vote again fraser?

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I'm still up for this. The December weekend is best for me :clap:
...I may be able to arrange the earlier weekend but would cost me favours and time off :(
Don't mind where we go, but prefer to avoid 4*hotel prices LOL

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This looks like a non starter based on current interest. Come on guys surely we can manage more than 8 people!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Phone box rentals? :bawl:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep looks that way. If nothing else we can all go for a curry or
summat but thought we had enough peeps on here to make the bike museum thing work :confused:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts