Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
With an average lap 31mph slower than the leaders, and a fastest lap 8 seconds off the leaders (indeed the slowest fastest-lap of anyone in the field), some work to do I feel.

... like 40Kg worth or work maybe.

Aarron

·
Registered
256 Posts
Maybe its the rider

actually 31 mph is 31 kph and "only" 20 mph. Having said that you gotta start somewhere, but how many times did it get lapped - must have been demoralising never passing anyone who was still running for 24 straight hours...hats off;)

·
1,841 Posts
The speed is the average and I saw the Benelli crash so this would bring it down !
Would you expect to be as fast as a jap 4 on a Benelli ?
At the end of the day endurance racing is about finishing as well as speed !
Half the field did not finish including Ducati and MV, so Well done AST 51 Benelli ! 1st Italian Bike...:clap:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Half the field did not finish including Ducati and MV, so Well done AST 51 Benelli ! 1st Italian Bike...:clap:
Indeed. Im downing the factory and weighty design of the bike, certainly not the achievements of the team. Well done for finishing, and even for getting the thing entered in the first place. As a race engineer I know how much hard work goes in.

Its not fun trying your hardest and not getting anywhere. Worse for a 24hr race where you only get 1 attempt. If the bike isnt on the money from the start (when you presumably thought it was before entering), you cant take it away and improve things for the next round. Your stuck ... which is why all the manufacturers go sprint racing first.

Having said that. Racing in front of a huge home crowd probably wasnt the worst experience in their lives :)

AST51, do a powerbike championship somewhere, get some reward for your efforts. When its quick, then go back and do the BolDor/TT/Manx/Macau.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts