Benelli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Righto everyone its ready, I'm sending it off to the printers on Monday for a print run. now it looks as if I will market it like this. Maybe open a ebay store (?) and sell it for what ever its costs to cover the printing cost and postage, so fay if i print 500 copies it will cost me about $2600, or about $5 bucks Australian for each copy, and then maybe another $5 to post it around the world to wherever you all are, i know we have some German and Italian rider interested too. Now a fair bit of what is in the first edition we already know, and some are exclusive interview (finally got the one back with Pier Luigi Marconi, plus Peter Goddard) but i have a heap of tech stuff for Tornado owners thanks to Errol. Basically the magazine is to compliment Rolands excellent site and not send me broke :). Now my question is, How many should I print?, 300 or 500?

I hoping to make issue #2 for the New year and put the focus on the TnT's however I need TnT owners to send in owners stories, ride reports etc etc, and i will troll the site looking for all the TnT tech solutions, plus parts and aftermarket bits for TnT's ,we should be able to nab more interviews and feature test rides of the new BX 450 and Due 756.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good stuff. I've published a small magazine before and i'd suggest 300max. It's more per mag but it's better to sell out that have a stack sitting on the floor costing you money.

·
5,895 Posts
Nathan, there's 47 owners in the Registry, & 468 members of this forum. So somewhere in between would seem to be about right.
Just make sure you save one for me!

·
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Printing costs

have recieved latest printing quote , last time was for 32 pages , the final draft has 44 with a 2 page centre liftout poster, and is approx $3700 to $3800 depending on whether i get 300, 40 or 500 copies,So my question is;
Are people willing to pay either;
$12.50 for 300.
$9.40 for 400;
or , $7.60 for 500.
??

This quote is the best I have got for a full gloss colour 130gm double stapled, hard cover (thicker paper for cover) magazine

Now are People happy to pay it ??? and does everyone want a actuall hold in your hand mag, obviously a electronic version can be posted for nought if someones happy to host it (the files currently 58Mb), or is everyone happy to make the mag a reality by buying one. Cause my missus with go berko if I dont sell them all and Ive spent all our money :)

·
5,895 Posts
I'm happy to pay $12.50, mate, plus postage.

Perhaps make a call for advanced orders with deposits?

You could set up a paypal account for those overseas. It'll make money transfer much easier, but you'll have to add a little for the charges paypal makes.
Here in Oz, account # & bsb will suffice.

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
Nathen, I'll just read Al's when he's finished with it :rolling: ............................Oh, go on then, you'd better stick me down for one as well. :)

Good work getting this together by the way!!!!!:bow: (can't wait to get my hands on it now)

·
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
righto

I need another 2 bogus good feedbacks on my ebay page to be able to open a store and then I wont have to keep relisting the mag every time one person orders one. get to it peeps.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Available on Ebay in a week or so

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200125820635#ebayphotohosting

Hope it all comes together
:doh:

You'll have to wait for the weekend for me to do it - eBay has been banned from the internet by the MOD because we were getting over 6,000,000 hits on it from works stations every week!

Good to see the the Civil Servants and 'Rear Party' military personnel working as hard as the lads and lasses out on military operations in hot and sandy places!:mad:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Tried to do "buy it now" so I could leave fed back, but alas, it was already off line. You will have to re post it again ;-)

... and yes I will be happy to pay.

Also count me in for future contributions. Might also be helpful if you can throw some ideas around about the sorts of things you would like ;-)

ciao
Derek

·
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
absent for a bit

on a short holiday break to Monday, so I'll set up the store on ebay then, then we just wait to get them back from the printers :)

·
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yo Everybody

I need one more feedback for the ebay store to open, also I believe 4 peeps have bought one
Errol
Laurence
Old man roo (?)
Saloe

Will advise payment etc tomorrow

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
I need one more feedback for the ebay store to open, also I believe 4 peeps have bought one
Errol
Laurence
Old man roo (?)
Saloe

Will advise payment etc tomorrow

Sorry, forgot to go onto do it this weekend - especially as I was on there ordering new spark plugs on Sunday! I am back home on Thursday, I'll do it then for you! (I can't access ebay from work)

Andy

·
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yay

I have the ebay store up and running under "Benelli International" and the magazine ad should appear there in 24hr's, I have researched the postage to US / Canada and UK, and Europe, its $12.00 AUD, so I'm charging $15.00AUD as this will allow me to buy a envelope to ship it in, Postage for Australia is $5.00, Errol you get a free copy considering I used so much of you web page in edition #1, payment is only via PayPal everyone. I have set up a Excel spreadsheet with everyone address etc as the orders start coming in. So far I have just accepted payment from David here in Oz, I dont think anyone else has paid ??, hopefully not, BIG Thanks to EVERYONE who left a feedback as this has allowed me to set up the E-Bay Store and made the cost of distributing the mag so much easier, its only cost $12 in fee with the bogus buys on the regular ebay ad so we are doing well. Any profit made we'll feed back into Edition #2 to hopefully offset that production runs cost. I expect the mag to be ready quite soon, I will be away on Barrow Island until 31st July so I will imagine I will post them out once I return to the mainland. I intend doing a post run every friday. Looks like we are going with 500 copies as the difference between 300 and 500 is only $100.
Feel free to start sending me stuff (Stories, pics etc) for issie #2, I'm intending to make that one a TnT special :)
Sp once the ad appears on the ebay store (say thursday) start putting you orderds in !!!
Nath
:clap:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts