Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

Owner of a 2019 Leoncino 500 trail for 4000km now, I swapped the stock collector for a titanium aliexpress mid-pipe with catalyst inside.
As much as I like the sound, it is way too loud for my daily stuff, and especially going through a neighbourhood at night above 3k rpm, not to mention the deceleration pops that have become more and quite louder. I wonder if maybe I haven't tightened enough the rings that connect the pipe because I think I felt a bit of air leaking from there, but whatsoever, is there a way to keep the mid-pipe but make it a bit more silent? Maybe change the muffler to something more restrictive? Add some steel wool in the mid-pipe? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
120 Posts
You could put a SuperTrapp muffler on the bike. You'll need to buy the little bend-tube to use a straight exhaust (the stock can has the input at an angle). They're just a few bucks on aliexpress. A SuperTrapp even with a ton of discs won't be loud... but the bass will set off car alarms. It completely removes the harsh high frequency tones that hurt your ears and lowers everything several octaves, while also making it all quieter.

But if you like the look of the stock exhaust, your only option is to try a different one. There's one sorta shaped like the collector, which is probably the quietest, and another that makes a complete 360 degree loop under where the collector used to be. That one is probably only marginally quieter.

Charles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello guys,

Owner of a 2019 Leoncino 500 trail for 4000km now, I swapped the stock collector for a titanium aliexpress mid-pipe with catalyst inside.
As much as I like the sound, it is way too loud for my daily stuff, and especially going through a neighbourhood at night above 3k rpm, not to mention the deceleration pops that have become more and quite louder. I wonder if maybe I haven't tightened enough the rings that connect the pipe because I think I felt a bit of air leaking from there, but whatsoever, is there a way to keep the mid-pipe but make it a bit more silent? Maybe change the muffler to something more restrictive? Add some steel wool in the mid-pipe? Any suggestions?
Some proper sized "decibel reducers", pack them with some steel scrub pads. Steel wool tends to work it's way out due to vibration.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello guys,
............ think I felt a bit of air leaking from there, but whatsoever, is there a way to keep the mid-pipe but make it a bit more silent?........
Not so much whatever. Air leaking into the cat is a Bad Thing. It may not be the sole cause of the detonation (pops) in the pipe, but that's caused by unburnt fuel getting enough air to crack off. That does your cat and exhaust valves no favours. A motorcycle is a balanced set of compromises and changing one thing usually means it affects three other things, in this case probably your engine mapping. ( I'm assuming your oxygen sensor was connected back up? If not that may be a simple fix.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts