Benelli Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I bought a brand new Leoncino Trail, and I was doing 80 on the highway and still getting passed. So I broke out my trusty GPS, and found that when the Leoncino says I'm doing 90mph, my GPS says I'm doing 80.5mph. That's a 10.5% difference!!! I can't stand inaccurate speedometers, especially WILDLY inaccurate speedometers. I have a Speedo Healer on all my bikes that don't have programmable gauges. (A Yamaha and a CSC RX3).

BUT, I have an Italjet Buccaneer 250i (SSR in the USA), and ages ago I found information on ChinaRider's on how to enter programming mode for that bike. I also found a Youtube video on a guy using a similar procedure to reprogram a Benelli TNT135's speedometer. So here's what I've found for the Leoncino Trail, and posted on ADVRider. This should also work for the TRK502 and TRK502X, though the numbers may be different

The Procedure:

1. With the bike off, hold down both of the buttons on the instrument cluster.
  2. While still holding those buttons, turn the key to the on position. Wait for the gauge to boot.
  3. The screen now shows "CCC" and has three blank spaces. Fill in code 123, so the text reads CCC123. The right button changes the number, the left button moves one number to the right. If you screw up, turn the ignition off and start over.
  4. Once that's input, you'll be presented with the speedometer ratio in the lower part of the gauge, and "Y2" in the upper part of the gauge. It will show "F 065.8". You can't change the F (it means "Frequency"), only the number portions.
  5. Change those numbers to read 072.7. (this is 10.5% larger than 65.8). After you're done, long-press the left button to confirm.
  6. Gauges will now reboot, and you can either start riding immediately, or turn the ignition off, and then back on again, just to be safe. (That's what I do at least).

Note 1: Under no circumstances change the "Y2" setting. This is the number of cylinders, and I've heard that on some bikes if you tried to change this it couldn't be changed back. Changing it will likely effect the tachometer RPM (halving or doubling it), but I have not tried.

Note 2: This may work on other Benelli bikes that have only one button. Simply use short presses to change the numbers and long presses to move to the next number. (This is how the Italjet Buccaneer works).

Note 3: The standard Leoncino has a smaller front wheel than the Trail, so you may need to find out your own error percentage for that bike. But the procedure will be the same.

After making this adjustment my speedometer is accurate when compared to my GPS.

Charles.

·
Registered
121 Posts
WOOOOOOOT WOOOOOOOOOOT!this kids on it.......cheers charles.ill let u know what my tiny 17 front comes back at....speedo drd $150 sharing my free workshop manual and getting this in return priceless...........

·
Registered
121 Posts
O.625 on non trail model is stock numbers I changed mine to the 072.7 anyway to see what happens I'm on a 46 rear so I'll update after testing cheers

·
Registered
121 Posts
Bwahahahaha if there was a trophy it would be urs sir so using your settings on me little 17s with 46 t rear I'm with in 3 KMs by GPS as in GPS shows 80 Km I'm doin 82.5/83 km/h I'm happy with that cos it matches our speed camera tolerences in Oz anyway.ur the man!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
WOOOOOOOT WOOOOOOOOOOT!this kids on it.......cheers charles.ill let u know what my tiny 17 front comes back at....speedo drd $150 sharing my free workshop manual and getting this in return priceless...........
Hi,
Would you have a link to that workshop manual you mentioned?
I've just got my first Leoncino and I'd like to have it fir reference.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, I bought a brand new Leoncino Trail, and I was doing 80 on the highway and still getting passed. So I broke out my trusty GPS, and found that when the Leoncino says I'm doing 90mph, my GPS says I'm doing 80.5mph. That's a 10.5% difference!!! I can't stand inaccurate speedometers, especially WILDLY inaccurate speedometers. I have a Speedo Healer on all my bikes that don't have programmable gauges. (A Yamaha and a CSC RX3).

BUT, I have an Italjet Buccaneer 250i (SSR in the USA), and ages ago I found information on ChinaRider's on how to enter programming mode for that bike. I also found a Youtube video on a guy using a similar procedure to reprogram a Benelli TNT135's speedometer. So here's what I've found for the Leoncino Trail, and posted on ADVRider. This should also work for the TRK502 and TRK502X, though the numbers may be different

The Procedure:

2. While still holding those buttons, turn the key to the on position. Wait for the gauge to boot.
  3. The screen now shows "CCC" and has three blank spaces. Fill in code 123, so the text reads CCC123. The right button changes the number, the left button moves one number to the right. If you screw up, turn the ignition off and start over.
  4. Once that's input, you'll be presented with the speedometer ratio in the lower part of the gauge, and "Y2" in the upper part of the gauge. It will show "F 065.8". You can't change the F (it means "Frequency"), only the number portions.
  5. Change those numbers to read 072.7. (this is 10.5% larger than 65.8). After you're done, long-press the left button to confirm.
  6. Gauges will now reboot, and you can either start riding immediately, or turn the ignition off, and then back on again, just to be safe. (That's what I do at least).

Note 1: Under no circumstances change the "Y2" setting. This is the number of cylinders, and I've heard that on some bikes if you tried to change this it couldn't be changed back. Changing it will likely effect the tachometer RPM (halving or doubling it), but I have not tried.

Note 2: This may work on other Benelli bikes that have only one button. Simply use short presses to change the numbers and long presses to move to the next number. (This is how the Italjet Buccaneer works).

Note 3: The standard Leoncino has a smaller front wheel than the Trail, so you may need to find out your own error percentage for that bike. But the procedure will be the same.

After making this adjustment my speedometer is accurate when compared to my GPS.

Charles.
Hi,
I did this but now it’s perhaps 5 km/h less, as the urban traffic radar turns red at 46 km/h .
Also with a speed app the results on the speedmeter are under what measured in the app. Any suggestion?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Find the percentage your speedometer is off, then use that percentage to adjust the number in the setup.

Charles.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If your speedometer is reading 5% LOW, then 95% of 72.7 is 69.1
If your speedometer is reading 5% HIGH, then 105% of 72.7 is 76.3

Charles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So the exact calibration on the speedometer is 0.69.1? I have on my Leoncino Trail the same problem mentioned by Miguel Sixteen.

·
Registered
1 Posts

The Procedure:

Charles.
Hi, this is my 1st experience with this kind of editing. I have a bn302 (trt300) and have the same problem. I tried the operation above, but it doesn't work at my Nelli.

Is there a similar operation for my one?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts