Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Benelli's aren't mainstream bikes, but I'm suprised that with Birmingham, Wolverhampton, etc and the surronding area being very largely populated I find my local Benelli dealers are at least 40 miles away, not a huge distance I know but surely a more centralised additional dealer would be more successful than the ones at say Stoke, Worcester or Rugby as the biker head count must be quite large in comparison ? There are some good bike dealers around the midlands so it's a shame non of them could look at selling Benelli's as an additional brand !

I know times are quite difficult at the moment so I guess nothing would happen in the immediate future but maybe it's something the importer should look at !

:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I agree rob. With Bennetts becoming ever more busy to the point where you have to book months in advance and russ being pretty much out of the picture, I am having to re-evaluate my options and sadly at the moment they are very limited.

·
T900 TRE is the plate!
434 Posts
If you think it's bad for Birmingham, try down here in Cornwall. My nearest Benelli agent is.........................................? Used to be Red Dog in Edenbridge (500 mile round trip) but they are no longer on the dealer list!

Dave

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:eek: EEK ! I know what you mean Dave, but I'd based it on population rather than area, I know some of the Aussie lads travel hundreds of miles for their passion, but round here we have the busiest motorway net work in Europe and it makes travelling a pain in the Ass, so 40 miles can take as long as some people can probably travel in half a day ! :doh:

I was thinking more of the population of people in my area is one of the biggest in the country and yet there isn't a "doorstep" dealer, I'm not moaning about it more than saying it doesn't make sense when there's potentially a lot more bikers in our catchment area, I would have thought ? :eek:

I hope that makes sense ????

:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
T900 TRE is the plate!
434 Posts
Yes, know what you mean. There used to be one in Swindon which is a good cross country ride from Birmingham, avoiding motorways but sadly that one stopped.

Emailing with Russ now about work needed on my Titanium and a service on the LE needs to follow soon.

It might not need to be Benelli dealers (Sales and Service) but Benelli supported repair centres (Service only) that could ease the problem.

Dave

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Yes, know what you mean. There used to be one in Swindon which is a good cross country ride from Birmingham, avoiding motorways but sadly that one stopped.

Emailing with Russ now about work needed on my Titanium and a service on the LE needs to follow soon.

It might not need to be Benelli dealers (Sales and Service) but Benelli supported repair centres (Service only) that could ease the problem.

Dave
Last I heard there was a 1 - 2 month wait for a service slot. I dont mind that but I have no idea what I will do if something happens which is more unplanned.

Course, there is an answer to this - we find a couple of shit hot bike mechanics who fancy a challenge, set up a workshop and get them trained up by the Russmeister! Sounds like a perfect business plan to me.. i'm off to the bank to beg for a business loan lol

Col

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree rob. With Bennetts becoming ever more busy to the point where you have to book months in advance and russ being pretty much out of the picture, I am having to re-evaluate my options and sadly at the moment they are very limited.
To be fair Borat its not quite as bad as that and Russ is still very much in the picture (unfortunately...kidding). If you need a service urgently ring us and we'll see what we can do.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
To be fair Borat its not quite as bad as that and Russ is still very much in the picture (unfortunately...kidding). If you need a service urgently ring us and we'll see what we can do.
OK good to know Paul.. I only say that because I had to book a month in advance and that was on a weekday - if I had wanted to do a weekend it would have been 6 weeks, but maybe things have calmed down a bit since.
When I said Russ is more out of the picture I meant in terms of hands on in the workshop, though I know he still does a bit.. I know the guys there are good though so not saying thats an issue.
Long as I know if disaster falls you would try and fit me in thats good enough for me.

Cheers

Col

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Funny you should mention that Col, the guy who's been looking after my Tornado recently, Alan (My mobile Benelli mechanic who happens to be married to my niece !) has actually just set himself up a small business working from home doing car & bike repairs, servicing, etc, he has a good set up, so I'm happy to use him for the lesser technical stuff (and I get mates rates ! ;) )

He's chuffed that he's been able to "play" with a Benelli ! :D

:clap:

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
We up here in scotland did not even have a service agent till very recently

Tosh at T&M motorcycles[St Boswells] has taken on the service side although he will source a bike if you know what you want

I bought my bike from Moto Strada near Leeds and he was talking about the costs of setting up as a dealer

They include buying bikes, stocking up with parts and training mechanics etc

Quite a healthy outlay by all means so any dealer who does take on a dealership should get a gold award in these world conditions

Hopefully soon the full dealership being set up by Derek in Edinburgh should be up and running although he wont be in the shop we all thought in costorphine after last minute problems

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi Eric, I believe the new location is going to be in Livingston

1 - 11 of 11 Posts